- Make the move to the stunning Sunshine Coast
- Create high-quality content that engages readers
- Opportunity for professional growth and career progression
The Sunshine Coast Daily has a proud heritage of covering the news that matters to readers and is looking for an agile reporter to continue that tradition in a fast-paced, digitally focused environment.
Join the nation’s most influential and dynamic media organisation and embrace life at one of Australia’s most desirable destinations.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and resilient individual who has the ability to build a rapport with a wide range of people and can deliver engaging, high-quality content that matters to readers.
The best candidate will be confident and skilled in news gathering, have a solid grasp of social media and a natural curiosity about the community.
The award-winning masthead has recently relaunched a successful print product so while the focus is on digital-first storytelling and online engagement the ability to put together content suitable for a print audience is also required.
This is a prime opportunity for a keen reporter to take their career to the next level in a company that can provide an exciting career path and values people willing to move so they can grow professionally.
What’s the role?
- Source and create compelling stories that resonate with an audience
- Deliver relevant content that both engages our existing subscribers and attracts new readers
- Work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment to cover breaking stories without compromising on quality or accuracy
- Focus on online engagement and drive subscription growth
- Demonstrate initiative to search for stories that are not already breaking and identify unique angles that drive conversation and move the issue forward
- Digest digital data and use it in planning content
Who are you?
- Thrives on the challenge of meeting business outcomes and reader expectations and actively looks to exceed them
- Strong news judgment and interview skills
- Has experience in digital storytelling
- Willing to embrace change and demonstrate agility in a fast-paced sector
- Self-starter who can maintain high levels of personal organisation and time management
- Understands social media, SEO, digital data
- Strong motivation, a collaborative work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, able to stay calm under pressure and know how to balance priorities
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to pioneer the way forward in storytelling
- Opportunity for ongoing career development through a variety of different pathways
- A creative and collaborative environment
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with some of Australia's most recognised and prestigious brands
- The chance to make a tangible difference in the community as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
- Coastal lifestyle at a highly desirable location
Who are we?
The Sunshine Coast Daily is an award-winning newsroom in Queensland and part of Australia’s most influential media organisation. Each month more than 17 million Australians choose to consume news and information from our digital and print products – more than any other media group in Australia.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers