Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip’s Data Center Solutions Business Unit (DCS) offers industry leading performance, reliability, and security for PCIe Switches, and NVME Controllers. As a Technical Staff Engineer, you will provide leadership in the highly successful PCIe Switch product line. These complex 200M gate+ integrated silicon devices enable top tier data centers in next gen storage, artificial intelligence and automotive market segments.
As a Technical Staff Engineer, your job will entail the following:
- Ownership of complex digital integrated circuits at the block, subsystem or device level, which are coded in Verilog, System Verilog
- Translate complex architectural requirements into microarchitecture that is realizable in targeted technology node
- Lead and mentor 3-4 fellow design engineers; scope and schedule deliverables
- Define subsystem/block feature sets, describe design and implementation details into engineering documents and registers documents
- Communicate regularly with the design and verification team in multiple locations to resolve issues, communicate status and solve technical problems
- Communicate with architects to justify design implementation decisions and associated trade-offs
- Support emulation, ASIC lab validation including lab debug and providing logic modifications and workarounds
- Become versed in applicable storage and computer interface protocol standards
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 12.5+ years related experience
- RTL Design - Experience in RTL Design using System Verilog, Verilog is required
- Experience and understanding of complex ASIC design flows, including block and chip level simulation and debug, logic synthesis, static timing analysis, layout and revision control
- Scripting and programming skills using csh, bash, perl, python, tcl, etc.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues
- Experience with integration of 3rd party IP
- Experience with integration of high-speed, mixed signal IP
- Working knowledge of design and verification tools such as Synopsys Design Compiler, Cadence Incisive, waveform viewers, and other similar tools.
- Protocol knowledge and experience in PCI-Express will be an asset
- Knowledge of AHB/AXI bus protocols is desired
- Excellent knowledge in logic synthesis and static timing analysis
- Worked with physical design teams for layout implementation
- Familiar with low power methodology and flows
- Capable of debugging EDA tool issues or design related issues
- Working knowledge of DFT
- Experience with Formal Verification a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English will be an asset
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills, self-direction, the ability to work under pressure and the desire to excel in a competitive environment