Requisition ID: 011483
- Identify, qualify and solicit perspective accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through outside sales calls, telephone solicitation calls, develop presentations for companies and travel booking center facilities, coordinate and conduct site inspections, etc.
- Develop of new business through contacting customers in the market, lateral development of existing accounts.
- Development of sales programs to solicit business within existing geographical market.
- Development of sales plan to yield agreed upon room night results from targeted corporations.
- Develops competition survey to measure market share and changes in the competition.
- Maintains accurate records of sales activities and results and analyzes period end results.
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- Represents hotel when necessary to local communities through affiliation with professional business organizations, attend major trade shows, community events, etc.
- Must respond to inquiries on a timely, thorough and professional basis, to convert inquiries into bookings, record all calls in Delphi.
- Must be proactive in booking repeat business and account saturation from existing clients
- Understanding how to book business with the greatest profit percentage for the hotel while meeting client needs and expectations
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques, negotiations, qualifying needs, overcoming objections and closing sales
- Exceptional knowledge of food and beverage menus, pricing/costs, food preparation and presentation
- Understanding of how hotel departments work and supporting the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Departments in meeting goals
- Ability to generate own BEO’s, proposals and contracts with clear and concise details
- Ability to present self in a professional manner both with hotel colleagues, outside vendors and in the community representing the Ethan Allen Hotel with a positive winning attitude
- Ability to act and perform job functions in a positive and independent manner requiring minimal supervision
- Have proven track record to meet and exceed customer-service and financial goals
- Advanced experience in best sales practices, negotiating and closing skills
- Computer proficiency required on Microsoft applications
- DELPHI proficient – or ability to learn quickly and efficiently
- OPERA proficient - or ability to learn quickly and efficiently
- Ability to merge documents for contracts, proposals and banquet event orders.
- Working knowledge of Internet, E-Commerce & web programs and marketing.
Ethan Allen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are an E-Verify Employer.