At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a HR Business Partner to provide operational and strategic HR support to our Production management teams across two Distribution Centres (DCs) in Mississauga and Brampton. Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR, you will play a critical role in providing HR leadership for these DCs and ensuring a safe, productive, inclusive, and engaging work environment.
What you will be doing:
- In partnership with the Production management team, manage full-cycle HR programs, including: recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement, performance management and corrective actions, employee relations and investigations, organizational design, compensation and benefits, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and offboarding) to support operational and strategic business needs.
- Work closely with supervisors and managers to create a safe, engaging, productive work environment and provide coaching on key areas such as performance management, employee relations, health and safety, and team effectiveness.
- Accountable for key HR metrics including time to hire, regrettable turnover, absenteeism, and health and safety, plus ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Manage co-packer and staffing agency relationships to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and all related HelloFresh policies and procedures
- Collaborate with management team to ensure health and safety compliance, including the Joint Health and Safety Committee, employee training and education, investigating accidents and incidents, return to work procedures, and coordinating with legislative bodies (i.e. Canadian Food Inspection Agency and WorkSafeBC).
- Collaborate with colleagues located across Canada to ensure consistency and alignment in HR programming across our DCs.
At minimum, you have:
- Degree in Human Resources Management, or equivalent 5+ years of experience as a HR Business Partner or HR Generalist, ideally within manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution industries
- HR Designation (CPHR) or significant progress towards completion is an asset
- Demonstrated experience leading change management initiatives, specifically in organizational design/structure, HR program development and implementation, and continuous improvement of HR processes
- Strong understanding of provincial health and safety, employment, and human rights legislation
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coaching and conflict resolution skills, with demonstrated experience in leading complex workplace investigations
- Sound judgement and fair, ethical conduct with respect to employee relations and our highly diverse employee population
- Team player with strong prioritization, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to work within a quickly changing, high pressure environment and with a great deal of ambiguity
- Experienced in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets), HR tools (HRIS, ATS, scheduling/time tracking), and payroll/time tracking systems (ie. ADP, Quinyx)
- Required travel between Mississauga and Brampton locations
- Ability to travel within Canada is an asset
Why you'll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 75% employee discount on weekly HelloFresh or Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We have a fun and inclusive work environment - from team meals to social events, we recognize the importance of bonding and celebrating together
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.