At Intuit, our mission is powering prosperity around the world. We build intuitive web, mobile, and cloud solutions that generate more money, more time, and more conﬁdence for 46+ million people. Leveraging big data insights, machine learning, and powerful automation, we help consumers, small business owners, and the self-employed achieve their dreams of prosperity.
The design research team in Intuit’s Consumer Group leverages qualitative and quantitative research methods to help teams gain a deep understanding of consumer attitudes, needs, and motivations to guide the development of innovative tax and ﬁnancial experiences in TurboTax, TurboTaxLive and Mint. Our team of passionate design researchers is part of our larger internal design studio that includes visual designers, product designers, design technologists, design ops, and content designers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and customer-obsessed culture where designers and researchers feel supported and inspired.
We are looking for a curious and collaborative senior design researcher to join our team who is passionate about solving tough business and customer problems, and advocating for the delivery of awesome end to end experiences. This role requires a dynamic individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment, with strong ability to go deep into the details but also, step back and connect the dots for a more strategic point of view.
- Guide product, design, and marketing stakeholders in reframing their questions and assumptions into clear research goals, testable hypotheses, and learning plans. Clearly articulate methodology recommendations and industry best practices to educate teams on quality
- Plan and conduct a wide range of research projects end-to-end to uncover deep, high quality insights that contribute to our foundational understanding of our customers (current and future) and leads to clear opportunities
- Coaches teams in thinking strategically about how research insights can drive product and service roadmaps and upstream and downstream business
- Synthesize data into clear insights and frameworks that align the team on the most important problems or opportunities to tackle. Turn insights into action through collaboration, immersion, recommendations, provocations, and/or facilitation of ideation
- Partner with other data teams and bring in other data sources to develop a holistic data-backed
- Bring a positive, solution-centric and growth mindset.. Work independently across multiple stakeholders and workstreams, gaining alignment on priorities, timelines, and trade-offs as
- Contribute to the evolution and upleveling of the research team’s craft and Mentor and coach more junior team members.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience doing design/UX research projects in a professional environment, preferably in a technology company or consulting ﬁrm.
- A track record of successfully scoping and managing research engagements throughout the human-centered design process in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, design, product managers, customer success, )
- Depth of qualitative research craft:
- Demonstrated ability in designing and leading strategic qualitative research, speciﬁcally remote IDIs, concept exploration and evaluation, and usability testing
- Strong moderation skills, able to adapt to the ﬂow of conversation and probe to uncover deeper insights
- Proﬁciency in using a wide range of digital UI research and mobile ethnography tools
- Value process and rigor but thrive in a fast paced environment and bring creative problem solving to research
- Some experience with quantitative research a plus
- An appreciation for the value of hard data in complementing qualitative ﬁndings
- Some experience designing quant UX studies, experiments, and/or surveys and analyzing data
- Strong synthesis and communication skills:
- Ability to translate research data into clear insights, durable frameworks, and actionable recommendations
- Strong storytelling, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Comfortable presenting ﬁndings in front of leadership and large audiences of key stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Human Factors, or a related ﬁeld/equivalent preferred but open to candidates with various backgrounds
- Experience with Service Design methods, framing, and mapping holistic multi-actor experiences to identify dependencies and implications (including designing experiences for virtual workers)
- Systems thinker; you can think and organize for scale, re-usability and visual frameworks
- Experience or passion for behavioral science/behavioral design, design ethics, or design strategy a plus
- Along with your resume, we’d love to see work samples!