Associate | Information Management Services: IT Transformation| Germany
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. We have more than 1400 professionals and over 25 offices around the world and our ambitious growth plans depend critically on hiring only the very best people in the market. More details can be found at www.alixpartners.com.
Within IMS, the IT Transformation consultants provide independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to improve IT performance, regardless of the state of an organisation’s IT function. The depth of our colleagues’ experience enables IMS to exert a rapid and sustainable impact in the areas of:
- IT cost reduction, insourcing and outsourcing analysis, and vendor negotiation.
- IT strategy development, organization and governance design, and full IT transformation.
- IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution.
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround.
We now have opportunities across the German region for Associates, who have an exceptional track record of driving impact for clients. We are looking for smart, pragmatic and results-focused individuals who can operate on a range of local and international engagements. We are keen to attract people who are seen as thought leaders within their industry and who can contribute to AlixPartners’ enviable reputation for driving positive change for the immediate and long-term success of our clients. As an Associate, you will broaden your skill-set through a breadth of work delivering high-impact and long-term effect change implementation. You will enjoy working side by side with Directors and Managing Directors, some of whom may have taken on interim roles, providing you with top level insight and interaction. Associates are seen as the future leaders of AlixPartners and drive commercially successful engagements in a ‘hands-on’, professional and energetic manner. They collaborate with colleagues across the world as well as engage with, and promote, the firm’s broader capabilities.
Successful colleagues will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of five to eight years of applicable professional and IT consulting experience.
- Experience of leading and the ability to lead small projects and multiple work streams of larger projects.
- Experience of managing IT operations.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of presentation tools, including PowerPoint and Visio.
- Fluency in German and English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- A strong motivation to discover and learn new analytical techniques and software tools that can improve the quality of our work.
- Experience of delivering analytics to internal and external clients.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with IT strategy, cost reduction and carve-out.
- A highly solution-focussed approach, coupled with commercial and strategic understanding.
- The ability to lead or co-lead projects of all sizes, from inception through to completion, with an emphasis on reconciling technical requirements and scope with the available resources and technology.
- Implementing projects in an Agile-derived environment.
- The skillful management of resources and time to manage a large group or program across many projects and cities.
- The ability to lead all aspects of IT in critical situations, requiring rapid improvement.
- The knowledge to design, implement and roll out ERP solutions, such as SAP, Oracle or Microsoft.
- A passion for driving IT effectiveness and enabling clients to achieve their business objectives.
- Willingness to travel extensively; sometimes at short notice.
- Engineering, Information Systems, IT or equivalent degree. PhD, MBA or Master’s degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor’s degree - in lieu of a graduate degree - will be considered.
- Current citizenship; passport holder and/or work authorization in EMEA. Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union.
Apply by sending your résumé and cover letter to EMEA-Germany-Recruiting@alixpartners.com