Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The desired candidate will work in the Visa Command Center monitoring real-time Visa services and working to resolve incidents that occur. The candidate shall possess strong work ethic, with leadership skills, excellent judgment and good time management in prioritizing work, and the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Gain a solid understanding of the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents. Leverage this understanding to build partnerships with second level teams and train down to the junior staff
- Support applications in a Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented. Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on support requests and incidents
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope and criticality of impact in the defined period of time and direct the team to take the appropriate actions
- Ensure all team goals are on track and assist with the day to day work on the floor. Identify areas to improve and work with staff and management to implement changes
- Craft incident reports targeted for upper management and customer support in response to a critical issue
- Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenances and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes and work with the implementing team to resolve the concerns
- Coordinate with second level teams on projects and major changes. Ensure proper communication is handed down to the staff and all necessary documentation is in place
- Provide use case documentation and requirements for new projects and form partnerships with others to ensure the requirements are met
- Work with little supervision and oversee day to day activities by all staff members
- Provide guidance and training to the team and act as a technical point of contact
- Bridge the gap between second level teams and strive to answer staff questions and resolve incidents before escalation is necessary
- Review and approve new procedures and prepare training material for the staff
- Quickly and accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management
- Use verbal and written communication skills to ensure that management is well informed of ongoing incidents. Craft written responses based on the target audience
- Act as a single point of contact for the team during a crisis and direct staff to communicate the impact to technical teams and management
- Assign projects within the team and coordinate with staff to ensure they have the resources needed to complete them
- Coordinate with support teams to acquire training and materials for new and existing services
- Leverage good understanding of key controls and compliance and regulatory requirements to identify areas for improvement or of concern
- Take lead in providing training session and documentation for new features and emerging services and ensure that all staff members are prepared to support the service
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business, or a related discipline
- 3 to 5+ years of technical support experience
- Minimum requirement for Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) Intermediate or higher certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Mobile Payment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong technical background with a working knowledge of Splunk, including log analysis and constructing queries
- Knowledge of Keynote or other web-service monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Splunk and Queries
- Experience supporting web applications troubleshooting problems in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated ability creating process and documentation for a first-level support team
- The ability to prioritize critical tasks and coordinate with staff to accomplish them under duress
- Willingness to work on-shift (Days Only Shift Length 12 hours) First Week = Mon,Tues,Fri,Sat,Sun. Second Week Tues, and Thurs.
- A strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to bridge the gap between Customer Support, Management and staff
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.