We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
We’re looking for a seasoned Director of Talent Development and Diversity to join our People Operations team. People are the driving force of success at LegalZoom and we’re building the team that drives our growth and shapes our culture. If you’re someone who is passionate about driving employee engagement, fostering an inclusive culture, and developing employees throughout their careers, we want to talk to you.
- Build and lead a team responsible for end-to-end employee programs including but not limited to: employee onboarding and ongoing leadership development; diversity, equity and inclusion; performance management; and employee engagement
- Serve as an ear to the employee population and the talent market to understand needs of Zoomers (our employees) and ensure our cross-people programming proactively addresses these needs.
- Develop a compelling Employee Value Proposition (in partnership with marketing and people operations) and integrate this into tangible programs throughout an employee’s lifecycle to drive a culture that fosters this EVP.
- Develop and deliver programs that enable talent attraction, ongoing engagement, recognition and development, and retention fostering a culture that speaks to LegalZoom values, acting as a partner to Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and HRBP organizations.
- Develop, launch, and manage onboarding, performance management, and career and leadership development programs to ensure employees are set up successfully from day 1 and throughout their employee life cycle.
- Partner with Social Impact to support employee volunteerism and giving programs.
- Partner with Internal Communications to develop a strong employee communications strategy that drives engagement, simplicity, transparency, and a People-First and Purpose-driven mindset.
- Implement innovative tools and systems that enable scale, measurement, and engagement from employees.
- Serve as a leader and member of the broader People Operations and LegalZoom.
- 10+ years of experience in talent development and diversity
- At least 3 years of experience leading / people managing
- Experience in the technology industry strongly preferred
- Proven experience and passion for developing people, teams, and leaders while driving an inclusive, performance-driven culture at scale
- Experience building strategic partnerships with business leaders, marketing, communications, and other People Operations functions
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Ability to develop data-driven strategies and presentations that tell compelling stories
- Experience in large-scale change management
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve challenging problems
- A desire in building organizations that take into account holistic team composition and long-term vision
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) required
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.