Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Intern, Vehicle Integration for this upcoming Fall. This position requires an inquisitive professional with an interest in all aspects of vehicle integration including performance, durability, vehicle dynamics, etc. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on responsibility for benchmarking and defining requirements for mass and water management for the Lucid Gravity program
- Assist in benchmarking and collating vehicle requirements across other attributes (package, performance, range, NVH, durability, vehicle dynamics, etc) for the Lucid Gravity program
- Perform tradeoff studies for function, efficiency, cost, weight, manufacturability, and serviceability
- Assist in resolution of issues on Lucid Air and Gravity programs as they arise
- Good engineering fundamentals
- Basic understanding of vehicle technologies, particularly EVs, software, etc.
- Demonstrated experience building and developing complex systems beyond regular schoolwork (see below on Formula SAE, SolarCar, SuperMileage, etc team experience)
- Willing to travel to AZ
- Motivation, flexibility, and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with tight timing constraints.
- Proven problem-solving and communication skills, excellent numeracy and spatial awareness.
- CAD experience, CATIA if possible but also Solidworks, Fusion 360, AutoDesk, etc.
- Formula SAE, SolarCar, SuperMileage, etc. team experience
- Master's of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Will consider undergraduates at Sophomore level and above: Bachelor’s, Post-Secondary
- Recent graduates are eligible up to 12 months after graduation
- Programming Timing: September 7th - November 26th, 2021 (12 weeks); End date can be extended up to December 23rd, 2021 based on individual needs; Some flexibility with start date is available if needed
- Availability: Full-time preferred but Part-Time available
- Location: This position is in Newark, CA. You must be prepared to start onsite for your first day of employment
- Work Environment: Production Lab
- Anticipated Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S. employment authorization
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 30+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 30+ hours a week
- Housing: No compensation for housing
- Bonus: No signing bonus, relocation bonus, equity, or other bonuses currently
- Relocation: Round trip flight from/to permanent residence
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check
- Publications: This internship may involve access to and/or knowledge of Lucid confidential and proprietary information. As a requirement of accepting an offer of employment with Lucid Motors you will agree to keep all such information confidential and not disclose such information to any third party including but not limited to research papers, thesis, dissertation, school papers or any other publication in any form without prior written approval from Lucid Legal Department.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.