Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Intern, 3D Printing for this upcoming Fall. This position requires an inquisitive professional with an interest in 3D printing and the automotive industry. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work alongside 3D print technician to use our 3D printers to produce prototype parts
- Set up, operate, and maintain 3D print equipment
- Keep equipment and maintenance parts appropriately stocked
- Inspect print request files for printability and geometric errors
- Provide DFAM feedback and material/process guidance to engineers on their 3D print requests
- Basic understanding of various 3D printing technologies, material selection, and performance tradeoffs
- CAD experience
- Hands-on experience with 3D printing
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with JIRA
- Knowledge of isotropic/anisotropic material considerations, including continuous fiber reinforcement orientation
- Knowledge of automotive environmental considerations
- Knowledge of different post-processing and finishing processes
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering, Material Engineering or related fields
- Will consider undergraduates at Sophomore level and above: Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Post-Secondary
- Recent graduates are eligible up to 12 months after graduation
- Start Date: September 7th, 2021
- End Date: November 26th – December 23rd; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Some flexibility with the start date is available as needed
- Availability: Full-time highly preferred but Part-Time available
- Location: This position is in Newark, CA. You must be prepared to start onsite for your first day of employment
- Work Environment:Production Lab
- Anticipated Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S. employment authorization
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 30+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 30+ hours a week
- Housing: No compensation for housing
- Bonus: No signing bonus, relocation bonus, equity, or other bonuses currently
- Relocation: Round trip flight from/to permanent residence
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check
- Publications: This internship may involve access to and/or knowledge of Lucid confidential and proprietary information. As a requirement of accepting an offer of employment with Lucid Motors you will agree to keep all such information confidential and not disclose such information to any third party including but not limited to research papers, thesis, dissertation, school papers or any other publication in any form without prior written approval from Lucid Legal Department.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.