Video Editor, Talk Programming
Type of Position
The Video Editor will be responsible for selecting content, angles and lighting, and cutting and editing filmed footage until it meets an executive's vision and approval.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee multimedia operations and implement workflow guidelines.
- Work with internal partners to collect information and assets needed to complete video edits.
- Edit film until in order to identify and strengthen story points and characters.
- Edit clips from video shoots for use across social media and SiriusXM properties.
- Watch scenes and determine which will be used and which will end up on cutting room floor.
- Rearrange and splice scenes that have already been shot, determine if scenes need to be reshot, insert music, sound, or optical effects.
- Rearrange scenes in order to create/capture best footage.
- Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- Determine which camera angles to use.
- Record and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video.
- Input uncut rushes and sound.
- Determine exact cutting for final stages.
- Meet network deadlines to maintain tight production schedule.
- Work with director to achieve desired end result.
- Responsible for equipment upkeep, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of digital video experience.
- Needs to have a professional demeanor.
- A mixture of creative and practical skills.
- Understanding of digital storage systems.
- Knowledge of social media video standards.
- A good sense of timing and visual awareness.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as the ability to work independently.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office suite.
- Adobe Audition and Pro Tools skills preferred.
- Avid, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro Required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.