Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
About the Team/Role
The Perception team at Anduril is developing software at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion. We apply deep learning techniques to multi-spectral sensor inputs for autonomous detection and classification. Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, and other autonomous platforms work in tandem to fuse these detections using Bayesian inference. Our engineers also apply classical computer vision techniques to do everything from perceiving environmental features for pose estimation to GPS-denied navigation. Perception engineers at Anduril develop cutting edge software for autonomous operation and situational awareness.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and implement computer vision and machine learning models
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team to build and deploy novel systems
- Find the optimal balance between setting and maintaining a research direction, and day-to-day delivery of robust technologies
- Determine implementation and optimization of algorithms
- Anduril is a pretty “realistic” company and so we don't expect candidates to meet every single qualification. But if you are confident in your abilities, and think you would like to work on the problems that Anduril is tackling, please don't hesitate to apply
- Prior internship (or substantial project) experience developing software and algorithms for computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics applications
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or masters in computer science, computer/electrical/software engineering, artificial intelligence, robotics, mathematics, or physics
- Approaching junior year or beyond at the time of the internship
- Have an understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Prior experience working with various open source computer vision and linear algebra frameworks
- Previous experience developing on embedded platforms and in production environments
- A desire to work on software, tools, and applications that have real-world impact
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Knowledge of state estimation, probabilistic inference, and bayesian statistics
- Have a general interest in sensor characterization and modeling, building object detection and tracking systems, image processing (filtering, compression, etc.), or multimodal machine learning and sensor fusion
- Have strong programming skills (C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- Be self-starters and are passionate about problem solving in general
- Be naturally curious about the technologies and tools they use
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!