The HR Manager partners with the local leadership team to support local goals, organizational development, growth, cultural change and innovation. This role is the primary contact for local day-to-day HR support and is a change agent for strategic and tactical improvements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures HR Services are effectively delivered. This includes but is not limited to: Training & Development, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, and Employee/Labor Relations.
- Implements HR strategies to support business unit goals. Understands functional objectives, business objectives, and HR's role in delivering on the objectives.
- Manage and interpret Collective Bargaining Agreements; respond to union grievances, facilitate management/labor meetings
- Manages the full scope of the employee life cycle including: identifying resourcing issues, implementing local staffing plans to ensure staffing needs are met, managing local recruiting, onboarding , and implementing exit policies / practices.
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve service levels and recommends relevant policy / process changes. Recognizes and acts on opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Implements learning and development plans to support locational needs.
- Supports supervisors and managers with performance management needs through the use of processes and tools. This includes coaching, addressing performance issues, developing employees, and succession planning.
- Supports effective local communication (town halls, announcements).
- Understands and applies employment & labor law, policies, practices, and compliance. Adapts to changing labor laws. Ensures HR records are maintained to support HR audit & compliance (including ISO and ASME certification requirements).
- Supports and implements site Recognition programs in partnership with local leaders.
- Administers the annual Internship Program.
- Member of the local Leadership team.
- An advocate and steward for a strong Continuous Improvement and optimization Culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop solutions.
- Well-organized with a systematic approach to responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to coach and advise supervisors / managers on employee relations issues.
- Ability to effectively deliver training and engage participants to ensure understanding.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel & PowerPoint preferred).
- Experience in managing and implementing projects.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in HR related field.
- Labor Relations/Bargaining Unit/Union experience
- 3-5 years in a lead site-level HR role.
- Experience supporting Engineering and Sales organizations preferred.
Preferred Education / Experience
- PHR or SPHR certification
For more than 140 years, Patterson-Kelley has proudly served the commercial heating industry with the most respected heating solutions in the field. Our commercial boilers and hot water heaters are designed and built in the USA and distributed throughout North America. Even more, our products are backed by the highest level of technical and application support. Each piece of equipment we build is the direct result of knowledge cultivated from generations of experience, expertise, and customer input.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.