Background: New Roots Charlottesville supports refugee food security and aids in their transition to the community through gardening, nutrition education, local food access initiatives, and small-scale farming.
Scope of Work: The New Roots Communications Coordinator Intern provides hands–on and administrative support to the New Roots Program including outreach, research, record keeping, marketing, events participation, and partnership assistance.
- Maintain professional email and social media (Facebook, Instagram) accounts for New Roots Charlottesville
- Manage contact lists in different applications and platforms (WhatsApp, Mobile Text Alert, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Work closely with the New Roots Manager and Farm & Garden Specialist to determine newsletter topics, volunteer workdays, and other news and announcements
- Research strategies to maximize reach and efficacy of mass communication
- Communicate with New Roots gardeners and community volunteers
- Assist with volunteer events, trainings, administrative tasks, and program-wide evaluations as needed (including using the New Roots case management system)
- Record hours and submit a timesheet