Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 85,000 customers and recently went public! The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the role:
Our Learning & Development team is looking for a team member to fill the critical role of Talent Onboarding Program Manager. This role will focus on the design, development and coordination of the new hire onboarding program for all Opendoor team members. As a facilitator for the classroom training program, you’ll be a new employee's first impression and will use outstanding emotional intelligence and product expertise to ensure our new agents learn and give to the mission. This means you’ll have to be proactive and be willing to improvise. You’ll spend a good amount of time preparing content and iterating upon our existing program, but also adapting to new situations in the classroom. Your notes and insight from each iteration of the program will help it evolve over time as Opendoor grows.
As a Talent Onboarding Program Manager, you will:
- Own the new hire orientation experience for all of our teams.
- Lead the design and development of engaging learning experiences by tapping into different learning styles.
- Partner with leadership to stay in tune with business changes to ensure onboarding training reflects business priorities and processes.
- Create assessment materials to benchmark team member performance at the end of month one and ensure a successful transition to team
- Create training materials that are on brand and create a consistent Opendoor learning experience.
- Participate in the deployment of new features/processes from product and engineering to ensure all team members have the materials needed to implement change.
- Drive change by suggesting new and creative approaches to deliver content to learners.
- Proven habit of proactively communicating status of deadlines, blockers or challenges, and what is needed to hit deliverables.
- Schedule and plan out career development trainings
- Facilitate and co-facilitate new hire, new product launch and other industry related training classes.
- Conducts new hire, program revision and remedial training following instructional guides.
- Evaluates trainee performance
- Provides written evaluations of employee performance to management as required
We're looking for teammates who are:
- Detail oriented and have a desire to learn and grow skills in learner-centered design.
- Energetic and model positive energy and ability to “be on stage” training folks for multiple days at a time.
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams.
- Engaging delivery style to present mutli-media training to adult learners.
- Strong project managers with the ability to lead projects efficiently and effectively, adjust quickly to changing priorities and continue to deliver measurable outcomes.
- Strategic and creative in building learning solutions (e.g., e-learning, instructor led courses, documents, etc.)
- Great communicators and have the ability to communicate up, down, and sideways in the organization.
- Proactive and have a habit of proactively communicating status of deadlines, blockers or challenges, and what is needed to hit deliverables.
- Curious and have the ability to explore ways to improve content and delivery for onboarding training.
- Phoenix, AZ based. This position requires someone to be in the Phoenix metro area.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Your choice of coverage for medical, dental, and vision (optional for dependents)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefit
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.