User Experience Design Intern
Fight Cybercrime and Design the Future UX at Rapid7
Rapid7 is one of the fastest growing cybersecurity companies. Our fully functional and expanding UX team needs the right designer to help everyday users among our Fortune 500 customers easily understand and solve complex problems efficiently and enjoyably with our cybersecurity software products. If you want to work with a diverse and cohesive team where each person complements the others, this is the team to join.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have experience working on projects (either in academics or professionally) with multiple stakeholders where you've managed diverse opinions and driven solutions.
- You think through user needs and business goals and apply them to your design.
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity and in complex work domains.
- You are detail oriented in creating annotated wireframes, documentation, and mockups.
- You understand how to work with design systems.
- You understand and articulate interaction design principles and processes.
- You can communicate clearly and pitch your designs effectively.
- You work autonomously with great personal project management skills.
- You have a growth-oriented mindset.
- You are familiar with design critiques (you know how to receive and give design feedback).
What you will need
- A UX portfolio that demonstrates your work.We want to see case studies that demonstrate your direct business impact on the projects you have worked on. Please make sure to include your portfolio with your application.
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, or Adobe creative cloud tools.