The Digital Product team at Faraday Future is looking for User Interface Designers of all levels with strong visual, user interface, and interaction design skills to join our team.
We are building a completely new generation of digital product for transportation and mobility, and we’d like you to be a part of the revolution. We bring together designers and developers at the top of their game to invent, prototype, iterate, and ship software that matches the quality of the internet giants, and leaves the traditional automotive industry in the rear view mirror.
Our team consists of experts from the automotive, entertainment, internet, and consumer electronics industries. We’re looking for talented, curious, and passionate designers looking to do the best work of their careers.
A body of work is crucial to the application process. If we do not receive a link to your work (portfolio, Dribbble, etc.) we cannot consider you for the position.
- Design digital products that are thoughtful, beautiful, and usable.
- Evolve rough ideas into pixel-perfect interfaces.
- Have a strong knowledge of layout, color theory, typography, and iconography, and apply that knowledge to designs
- Communicate clearly with your team.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Engineers on moving a product from idea to public release.
- Push the limits of your knowledge, have the humility to admit when you don’t have an answer, and have the curiosity to figure it out.
- Lead and teach your hard-won insights in User Experience design with more junior designers.
- Meaningfully contribute to a shared set of best practices, standards, and living application design guidelines.
- Discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next.
- As this posting is for candidates of all levels of experience, we expect
- At least 2 years of experience for Junior-level candidates
- At least 4 years of experience for Mid-level candidates
- At least 7 years of experience for Senior-level candidates
- At least 10 years of experience for Principal-level candidates
- A deep understanding of the design and interaction nuances of iOS and Android as mobile platforms
- A consumer-level understanding of Android TV, webOS, Samsung SmartTV, FireTV
- An observer-level understanding of Android Automotive (as presented at Google I/O 2016)
- Mastery of industry standard tools like Sketch, Photoshop, After Effects, Principle, et. al.
- Good taste and a strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of IA, UX, UI, and IX
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience with rapid prototyping, from paper to pixels
- Software engineering skills (you will not be expected to write code, but having an understanding of it helps when you interact with the engineering and and product team)
- Writing skills: specifically concise, engaging, user-focused copy
- Being a self-starter, working well with little oversight
Perks + Benefits
- Free, in house, catered lunch every day
- Snacks and coffee available 24–7
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid vacation time every year, plus a full week of paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s