Spotify is looking for a dynamic, passionate and creative Podcast Producer to help develop a successful, diverse slate of original podcast programming in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The producer will be part of Spotify’s Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
Working closely with the team’s Creative Lead, our Podcast Producer will be an integral part of the development and production process of original podcasts including: evaluation of source material, concept and creative execution, and essential production management.
What you'll do
- You will help develop and produce podcast ideas that align with the overall content strategy
- Track and manage pitch materials from talent and agents
- Work with internal teams including production and business operations, marketing, legal and licensing on the development, launch, production and evolution of the show - ensuring efficient sharing of information and assets
- Contribute fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including the development of themes, formats and concepts for upcoming seasons and special episodes
- Provide notes about development materials such as concepts and scripts and edits in post production
- Be responsible for the check of internally created podcasts and publishing as each episode goes live on platform
- Production management duties, including raising POs, sending invoices and ensuring timely payment of suppliers
- Be responsible for executing Spotify Originals and Exclusive’s cross-trail strategy, and setting up promotion on non-Spotify podcasts
- Work with central teams to ensure information and assets are up to date on shared systems
Who you are
- You have 2 years of experience in audio development and production along with a knowledge of the creative and business issues in bringing shows from idea to launch
- You have experience developing and producing podcasts and a deep understanding of the podcast landscape and industry
- Experience using ProTools/Adobe Audition/Reaper a plus
- Experience working on a tight production schedule and translating ideas into action, with the ability to manage your own time, stakeholders and responsibilities in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- You fully understand the mechanics of audio production and can comfortably scope and budget autonomously as needed
- You are organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong ability to keep open lines of communication on a team
- Creative and motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude and tireless work ethic
- Excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills
- Express a consistent, credible editorial voice for Spotify throughout all outputs
- A deep love for podcasts, entertainment, music and technology
- A passionate pundit of podcasts, music, TV, film and pop culture
- You have a solid understanding of the development and digital technologies
- You have the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally as well as communicate and collaborate
- You are a team player who can also perform solo when separated by distance and time-zones
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.