Over the past 20+ years, Telesystem has advanced as the dominant communications provider in Northwest/North Central, Ohio and Southeast, Michigan. Today that reach extends to all 48 continental United States - from California and Texas to New Jersey and Connecticut – made possible by the development and delivery of advanced technologies.
Delivering high-quality voice, video, data, and computing solutions across our highly-advanced fiber SONET and carrier-grade Ethernet core network, Telesystem is committed to providing customers solutions they can trust. This includes offerings such as Secure Internet as a Service, Hosted VoIP, SIP Trunks, Dedicated Internet Access, and Managed Computing Services. Telesystem boasts 39 national Points of Presence (POPs), 2 privately-owned, compliant data centers, and 27 NNI Agreements that allow for blanket Ethernet coverage from coast to coast.
Guided by our customer-centric mission, Telesystem has grown its customer base to serve over 15,000 business locations including hospitals, universities, local public and private school districts, banks, and regional government offices.
JOB TITLE: Regional Channel Manager
DIVISION: Commercial Business Unit
- The Regional Channel Manager is responsible for a variety of sales activities ranging from recruiting agents and sales channel partners, traditional cold calling campaigns to webinars, video conferences, Social Media engagement, and finally managed prospecting campaigns utilizing technology and marketing resources available from Telesystem.
- The Regional Channel Manager is responsible for business development by selling Telesystem products and services, generating new business leads and achieving or exceeding a predetermined monthly revenue goal by representing the small to mid-size business segments.
- The Regional Channel Manager reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- There are no direct reports to this position.
- The Regional Channel Manager interfaces with the following key departments and outside resources: Telesystem Agents and Customers, Sales Administration, Sales Implementation, Sales Engineering, Customer Service/Business Relations, Accounting, Billing Departments
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Regional Channel Manager is accountable for:
- Increasing the business locations owned and profits of Telesystem by using the consultative sales approach with their customers in the sale of the Telesystem products and services.
- Creating and supporting the public and partner facing side of Telesystem thru partner orientation, education and active engagement.
- Work with National Channel Managers to coordinate and participate in local agent activities.
- Cultivating new businesses and business locations owned targeting the small to mid-size business segment.
- Maintaining and growing existing customer relationships/contracts/businesses/etc. through proactive communication.
- Acting as the customers’ advocate within the Telesystem organization.
- Promoting the benefits of Telesystem products and services to both new and existing customers.
- Maintaining accurate and timely orders, service qualifications and any necessary paperwork that is relevant to the sales process.
- Creating a quote that accurately depicts the customers’ existing solution with their current provider as a cost comparison and/or creating a quote that accurately depicts a customer solution based on an initial discovery.
- Following and enforcing the Company’s policies and procedures, including the EEO guidelines and safety, at all times;
- Performing any miscellaneous department duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- 2 Years of previous experience with quota based sales - Required
- A track record of successful achievement of sales goals and client satisfaction – Required
- Telecom business to business sales experience – Strongly Preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree General Business or Business Administration - Preferred
- Salesforce Customer Relationship Management Experience– Preferred
- Agile – Embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency;
- Innovative – Uses critical thinking; Creativity; Continuous learning; Challenges the status quo;
- Customer Focused – External/Internal; Creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality;
- Collaborative – Teamwork, Proactive knowledge sharing, Constructive Conflict;
- Accountable – See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it; Hold each other accountable.
Job Specific Competencies
- Deliver Results – Strategic planning and execution; Makes decisions in the best interest of the Company; Knows and responds to the business climate; Manages ambiguity
- Displays Leadership – Role Model; Communicates vision; possesses Emotional Maturity; Manages Risks; Resiliency; Business Acumen
- Background record that meets Company standards;
- Reliable means of transportation at all times;
- Present professional appearance and demeanor;
- Strictly maintains confidentiality of financial and/or other information acquired in the course of work; discloses only when authorized, unless legally obligated to do so.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company standards at all times
Walking, kneeling, standing, stooping, sitting, driving, hearing, talking, vision (close, distant, color, depth perception, adjust focus), and use of hands and fingers. Light lifting of XX lbs. is occasionally needed.
- The Regional Channel Manager is a full time salaried exempt position. The regular work hours are 40 hours a week. These hours may vary to accommodate the needs of the department.
- The Regional Channel Manager works in an automated business office environment with business office equipment including telephones, personal computers, copy machines, and FAX equipment.
- The Regional Channel Manager is required to drive on the job as needed and is subject to regular MVR checks. He/she must maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record the meets Company standards for an insurable driver at all times. Any time these conditions are not met, he/she must not drive on the job and must immediately report it to his/her supervisor.
- The Company is a drug-free workplace. All employees are required to adhere to the Company’s drug-free workplace programs and policies. Pre-employment testing is mandatory along with random testing throughout continued employment.
- The duties assigned, the hours worked, and the status of this position is subject to change as the needs of the company changes.
USE OF COMPANY RESOURCES, EQUIPMENT AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Company resources, equipment, and information are provided to employees to facilitate work. They may not be used for purposes other than work without proper authorization. Any unauthorized use of Company resources, equipment, or information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of customer data or any other company information gained via any company resource is a breach of confidentiality and is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of company resources, equipment information, and/or breaches of confidentiality may be cause for termination of employment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Telesystem is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).