Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing the opening of the Director, Policy & Stakeholder Strategy position in Northbrook, IL or London, UK.
Purpose & Scope:
The Director, Policy & Stakeholder Strategy is a global commercial organization role that will facilitate the creation of government policy and stakeholder outreach strategies for priority Post-POC pipeline assets and select early stage assets, platforms and technologies. This role is positioned within the Global Market Access & Pricing organization and will leverage deep market access and pricing government policy expertise and background in areas of Astellas focus like oncology and cell & gene therapy to contribute strategic insights for global core commercial teams, global value teams and new product planning activities. The Director will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to facilitate policy positions that shape a positive market access environment for Astellas products, while positioning the company as a credible, ethical and respected leader in the health care industry. In this role, the Director will work in an integrated manner within the Market Access & Pricing division and will collaborate with key business functions within the global commercial organization, regional commercial divisions and with other internal stakeholders to ensure the Company's market access policy efforts support business objectives across the organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Set direction for the company's strategy and priorities for Post-POC pipeline and early-stage products in key areas of market access and pricing policy, creation of new payment models and oncology policy
- Closely collaborate with Strategic Brand Management Teams, New Product Planning, Corporate Advocacy Division, Commercial Division Government Policy/Affairs to align product/therapeutic area-specific government policy
- Leads activities for strategy development and deliverables documented in MICHI (Global Market Access & Pricing's asset strategy development process) to integrate into Global Commercial Team and New Product team planning
- Regularly conducts policy analyses of key market access policy trends to understand impact of policy developments and leads Astellas cross-functional teams to solve problems and identify novel, practical solutions to policy needs and changes
- Contributes to the development of content for internal department publications and communications
- Responsible for 4-6 policy projects supporting Post-POC and potentially early-stage assets or platforms
- Develop strategies to achieve Global Market Access & Pricing division business goals
- Position reports to Senior Director, Policy & Stakeholder Strategy and supports this role by engaging cross-functional partners and leading important strategic product/therapeutic area work streams
- 5 to 8 years of government policy experience, or in related fields -- and/or -- 5 to 8 years of market access experience; with preference to candidates with a combination of both disciplines
- An advanced degree such as a Juris Doctor, Masters in Public Health, Public Policy and/or Public Administration, Masters of Business Administration or a related field
- Expertise in creating and developing government policy positions in a corporate setting
- Comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of pharmaceutical market access in key markets globally -- with emphasis on US, EU5, Japan and China
- Strong experience in oncology, reimbursement, market access and pricing policy
- Experience working collaboratively in a team and cross-functionally in an organization.
- Actively seeks out and supports collaborative thinking and problem solving with others in the organization
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively address all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage multiple projects
- Ability to travel 35%
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare industry marketing experience
- Experience with national and/or state/regional healthcare industry associations
- Government or political experience -- legislative / parliamentary / regulatory agency
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Commercial Strategy