Account Director-Facilities Management
Job Description Summary
We are looking to introduce to our client a proven leader with a clear focus on customer service and end user satisfaction. You will be a part of the continued success of two global organizations committed to leading the industry in their respective fields. Setting the bar for the real estate service delivery and the continual progression of the global framework, you will be an active participant in helping shape our client’s strategic vision for the provision of first class spaces and environments in which they operate. The Account Director (AD) will act as the Client Relationship Manager you will provide strategic management, leadership, contagious enthusiasm and drive your team to achieve set goals and continually exceed expectations. The Account Director will work full time in the performance of his or her duties and shall be dedicated only to this Client’s account.
- Single point of contact for overall account operations
- Actively involve utilize subject matter expertise to bring best practices to our client.
- Operate in a fast paced, evolving environment with the highest standards of excellence
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and have a collaborative spirit to operate and maintain office spaces that facilitate leading edge innovation
- Provide day-to-day leadership to the account based resources and drive global framework and consistency across multiple geographies.
- Present written recommendations to clients including economic justifications, financial reports, and monthly summary reporting in line with agreed expectations
- Involved in developing strategic plans, occupancy strategies and identifying cost efficiencies opportunities
- Ensure written proposals, policies and procedures manuals, operations manuals, and develop standard forms for the account
- Responsible for the profitability of this assigned corporate account
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate management, or related field
- Master’s level education is preferred
- CFM, FMA industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years commercial high-rise, campus environment, and/or property portfolio management experience required
- Fifteen (15) years of successful experience in corporate services or corporate real estate including global oversight for facilities, transactions, and projects services
- Seven (7) – Ten (10) years of experience in a global management cross functional environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively facilitate communications at all leadership levels
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of real estate professionals
- Ten plus (10+) years Real Estate financial analysis and understanding of financial concepts required
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite,
- Extensive knowledge and experience in resource allocation and implementation concepts
- Must have both breadth and depth of experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and experience with human resource and performance management processes.
- Experience with critical system environments is preferred.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
The AD will manage, in conjunction with the representatives of each service line provided to Client, the following general account functions:
- Act as a trusted partner, building strong relationships with business leaders through timely, relevant and tailored communication
- Create and cultivate, friendly and enjoyable work environment that fosters innovation and productivity
- Lead the team across diverse locations, creating operating leverage and efficiencies
- Manage all resources to ensure performance objectives are met or exceeded
- Lead the account based resource teams across multiple geographies that will provide daily office programs and services.
- Continue to develop service level models for unique business settings while constantly evaluating and looking to implement creative solutions that are flexible and scalable.
- Balance near term goals and long term strategy with an eye towards process improvements that ultimately improve the end user experience.
- The Account Director will manage, in conjunction with the representatives of each Service Line, the following general account functions: Account Management, Facility Management, Moves Adds Changes, project works as assigned, technology solutions
- Work with the client at all levels to identify needs and to introduce appropriate C&W subject matter expertise.
- Generate a robust communication strategy and ensure accuracy of reporting and client submittals
- Establish management and control procedures to assure assignments comply with established standards for contract compliance, quality control, use of appropriate management means and methods, adherence to budgets and completion according to approved schedules
- Ensure compliance with all internal reporting procedures pursuant to established policies for budget, procurement,, planning activities, and third party contract administration
- Supervise and assign duties of all assigned staff; direct their work and evaluate performance
- Select and hire new staff as needed; and provide training and development for staff that drives personnel growth and retention
- Conduct semi-annual meetings with Client including a representative from each Service provided to Client under the Master Agreement to establish objectives and business drivers
- Develop programs that align each service to meet and achieve the agreed upon objectives
- Coordinate and integrate standardized strategic planning processes and outcomes across Service Lines that results in an integrated plan for Client approval and the enforcement of the Process Manuals for all Services under the terms of the Master Agreement to be updated annually
- Monitor and track Service Line deliverables for contract compliance with regards to strategic planning
- New initiatives, where applicable, to be rolled out the next year of the Master Agreement for all Services
- Integrate processes across services according to Client protocols
- Source, adopt and implement best practices that will benefit the client
ANNUAL BUDGETING AND FORECASTING
Based on information made available to C&W, the AD will coordinate and consolidate the operating budget forecasts for all Services pursuant to the Master Agreement in conjunction with the representative from each Service Line. The AD will provide the budget forecasts in a timely manner which will contain the following:
- Major role in developing and maintaining account profitability
- Obligations pursuant to each Service Line scope under the Master Services Agreement
- Estimated annual gross revenue per Service Line
- Cost of reimbursable staff and related expenses
- Operating budgets for non-transactional Services as defined in the Service Lines scope documents
- Estimates for additional services as may be requested by Client that are outside of the contract scope defined
Reports for each Service Line will be coordinated, integrated and managed by the AD, in conjunction with the representative of each Service Line provided to Client under the Master Agreement. Reports, pursuant to the terms of the Master Agreement, will be delivered on time, in a consistent format, wherever possible, and in a client acceptable format. Coordinate and present annual reviews, with representative of each Service Line, pursuant to the terms of this contract which will include a summary of the following by Service Line:
- Completed activities
- Customer satisfaction results, where applicable
- Value add reporting
- Work in progress
- Pending Services activities for the next year
- C&W’s performance against the stipulated KPI’s and SLA’s
- Challenges and opportunities
- New initiatives and proposals for best practice implementation
- Process improvement
- Budget compliance
- Road map for next 12 months
- Establish, with Client input, and track key performance indicators “KPIs”
- Current status reports
- Manage accuracy, quality and on-time delivery
- Coordinate and facilitate all meetings with Client to review the reports
In conjunction with the representative from each Service Line to be provided Client:
- Provide overall guidance and leadership to the C&W team
- Manage all C&W resources for the Services provided under the Master Agreement
Oversee the delivery of an appropriate technology solution through the C&W platform including:
- Scope of technology services pursuant to the terms of the Master Agreement and this Schedule
- Coordinate training for all team members
- Manage and monitor technology updates for real time reporting
- Manage quality control of data inputs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines; regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.