Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and dis-tributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s appar-el and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approxi-mately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Our Store Managers thrive in the retail environment creating an amazing experience for our customers. We are seeking confident individuals who are enthusiastic about building loyalty for our brands and their store. The Store Manager is the leader ultimately responsible for delivering financial results by creating a positive environment and through thinking of the customer first, inspiring creativity, and driving store sales. They exercise independent judgment and discretion in developing, articulating and implementing sales strategies and plans to drive the business. They own the store experience from a merchandise presentation, process management, and customer and employee experience perspective. Our Store Managers are invaluable part of a team where individuality and authenticity are encouraged. They are the voices of our brands by engaging our customers in genuine conversation and selling our original and innovative product. If you have passion for Boardriders and connectivity to creative self-expression, Boardriders is the place for you.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, retention/succession planning, disciplining and terminating employees.
- Proactively recruits talent through job postings and networking within your market to build strong talent pipeline.
- Delivers succession planning for top talent in store.
- Holds keys to the store, offering them the ability to open and close the store.
- Supervises up to 25 hourly associates including Assistant Managers, Key Holders and Sales Associates.
- Delegates workload, through Division of Responsibilities (Talent/Brand/Operations/Aloha), to leadership team and holds them accountable.
- Leads consistent Manager Meetings and All Store Meetings to ensure communication is streamlined.
- Implements company training programs; monitoring staff training in product knowledge, customer service and selling skills.
- Monitors and approves E-time for Employees (Sick, Vacation and Unpaid hours). Makes sure attendance and punctuality policies and overtime laws are followed.
- Conducts inventory checks and maintains inventory records.
- Promptly and accurately completing all paperwork procedures (New Hire, Incident, Reports, etc.).
- Understand the complexities that come with running a retail store and its customers.
- Achieving store sales goals and creating strategic sales plans with the District Manager.
- Meets Weekly & Monthly payroll goals.
- Maintaining company merchandising standards.
- Monitors and completes numerous computer-based and manual reports and related paperwork, including time records, daily logs, damage reports, etc.
- Establish relationships between your customers as well as those working with and above you (Assistant Store Manager, VP of Stores, District Manager, HR, IT etc.).
- Exemplify an optimistic and energetic presence through team collaboration while building strong relationships with customers to maximize customer loyalty.
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset by role modeling selling behaviors with a passion for the brand, customer and product.
- Generate pride and loyalty in the store.
- Ensure product is always available to the customer and represented in a compelling way.
- Ensure store is consistently recovered and customer ready every day meeting brand standards on the sales floor and back-of-house.
- Show our customers that we are product-obsessed and available to help navigate their own personal expression of an Outdoor Lifestyle.
- Provide solutions and inspiration to customers in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Want to be part of one of the world's leading outdoor retailers.
- 5+ years of retail experience.
- 3+ years of retail management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Solid experience and demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching and training sales associates.
- Are confident and motivated by the opportunity to interact with customers while helping them bring their individual styles to life.
- Have strong communication, influencing and time management skills.
- Enjoy being part of a team environment.
- Have availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings, holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Functional digital literacy; POS, MS Office, web, social.
- Can safely lift 30 lbs. and can maneuver throughout the sales floor and stockroom.
- Fashion Industry knowledge.