Technical Project Engineer
Job Title: Specialist, Project Management
Job Code: PJP3
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Support the BFTT Program Manager in the scheduling and daily interactions with the customer lead relating to installations scheduled and execution. Work closely with the alteration department to aid in providing resolutions for issues that may occur with Alteration Installation Teams in support of the BFTT ISEA. Assist the IAT On-Site Installation Coordinator with their duties and responsibilities relating to installation schedules, documentation and execution. Develop MS Project documentations and other administrative documentations in support of the scheduled alterations. Reading detailed technical documentation and installation drawings and if necessary developing white papers from those documents to provide analysis for upcoming or ongoing installations. Participate in and brief at meetings and teleconferences.
Oversee and manage operations of department personnel.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight
- Communicate within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices and procedures
- Provide weekly progress status on installations and testing efforts
- Manage the operations of local site.
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a engineering or technical discipline
- Eight (8) years of full-time professional experience working in an engineering capacity in providing technical support related to the design, development, production, or testing of shipboard systems. This includes five (5) years full-time hands-on experience in installation, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or testing of any one major shipboard system/equipment. The requirement for full time experience precludes concurrent experience on more than one system/equipment unless they are all equivalent in complexity and maintenance philosophy. A detailed knowledge of the AEGIS or SSDS Combat System Suite is desired
- Candidate must have effective oral and verbal communications
- Candidate must have experience with supervising and managing personnel
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Candidate must have above average expertise in Microsoft Office applications particularly MS Power Point, MS Excel and MS Word (e.g. development of forms)
- Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with MS Office suite to include Access and Project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and writing skills are critical