Grupo Oricteropo Tropical (GO Tropical) is a Puerto Rican Act 20 company, established to export services such as centralized management (group “headquarters” for TransMarket Group), capital allocation, risk management, model and strategy research and development, and software development, to its international affiliates and customers. Our mission is to bless others through the services we provide and through generous stewardship of the wealth we create.
Founded in 1980 as Aardvark Financial, Transmarket Group (TMG) is a privately held global markets proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, Puerto Rico and Switzerland. We use next generation technology to capture opportunities around the world and manage risk in financial markets. We have an entrepreneurial culture and collaboratively develop our business with patience and discipline; we work hard, learn constantly, and relentlessly improve our expertise.
- Maintaining and Improving our Linux server environments across all offices
- Configuring, deploying and updating Linux servers
- Actively monitoring the health of our entire Linux server environment; performing day to day troubleshooting
- Handle imaging of VMs, bare metal boxes, custom distro's with strong hands on experience in performance optimizations
- Application packaging and maintenance of software repositories
- Automating repetitive system administration tasks
- Evaluating and recommending new hardware and software technologies or solutions
- Serving as a liaison between the Linux/Unix Services and Software Engineering teams
- Extensive Linux/Unix support and engineering experience in a high availability environment supporting real-time data
- Strong RHEL, Ubuntu or Debian experience
- Scripting and automation experience with one or more of the following: Bash, Python
- Previous experience working with containerization tools such as OpenShift, Docker or Kubernetes a big plus
- Experience with storage management and configuration of multi-mounted files.
- Experience with backups of systems and data.
- Experience working with configuration management tools, ideally Ansible or Puppet
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, networking
- Self-motivated individual with ability to take direction and complete time-sensitive tasks with high attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack
- Advanced knowledge of multicast and unicast troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Experience with system orchestration and configuration/patch management tools.
- Working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and effectively handling stressful situations.
- Experience with network troubleshooting, utilizing Packets capture devices and wireShark
- Experience with git
- Exposure to high performance NICs, TCP tuning, and other performance ‘tricks’ a plus
The company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.