Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Services at JumpCloud
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to provide technical leadership for our public cloud services, which may span multiple software engineering teams.
Our cloud services have a huge impact on our business and are a critical part of providing services for our identity and security solutions. Come be a part of an exciting new team where you will be able to help create new SaaS features for our core products!
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with product, UX and engineering on feature discovery and rapid prototyping to help shape the long term roadmap in the JumpCloud product portfolio.
- Partner with engineering teams to execute and deliver great products to our customers quickly.
- Make key technology decisions, inform build vs buy decisions, and inform new product development vs technical debt decisions.
- Provide expertise in SaaS technologies that must function robustly and at scale.
- Partner with other Principal Software Engineers in the company to help drive our overall technical strategy.
- Have a major impact across the engineering org by being a role model developer and mentor for other engineers.
- Help engineering teams continuously improve our processes, techniques and technologies.
We’re looking for…
- 8+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in the public cloud (AWS or GCP expertise is a huge plus) or other large scale distributed environments.
- Experience with infrastructure/deployment management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack.
- Experience with container fabrics such as HashiCorp’s Nomad/Consul/Vault or Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of API design.
- You lead by example, and you’re very capable of rolling up your sleeves and writing production quality code.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.