Posting Number A01361 Position Title Associate Registrar of Curriculum and Systems Position Number E 068 Salary for Announcement
The beginning of the salary range is $54,900. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category Administrators Department Registrar's Office EClass Code Full Time Administrators Position Summary
The Associate Registrar of Curriculum and Systems reports directly to the Registrar. This critical role leads a robust business unit whose responsibilities include five overarching roles of the Office of the Registrar:
1. Student data steward and Banner Student module owner.
2. Functional process owner of Banner Student administrative processes.
3. Central Information Technology Application Services (ITAS) liaison for the Office of the Registrar.
4. Class schedule steward and functional process owner of course scheduling and rooming.
5. Curriculum steward and functional process owner of Banner curriculum.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208
Collaborative leadership for assigned roles (30%)
- Provide leadership or input to University initiatives and discussions pertaining to:
The curriculum process, compliance, and its implementation in student systems.
The course scheduling decision-making process.
Classroom space allocation and utilization.
Integrity of student data.
Implementation and utilization of student data systems.
- Ensure appropriate representation on relevant campus committees or decision-making bodies.
- Provide a voice of advocacy for the Registrar’s office and its roles. Develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with relevant University stakeholders, supporting operational excellence.
- Provide expert input toward development of University policies and procedures.
Banner Student module owner (20%)
- Responsible to determine appropriate access and manage overall security issuance of the Banner Student module, connect systems and reporting platforms.
- Develop a systematic approach and controls for security requests and implement proper training warranted by security access.
- Oversight of system solutions with the Banner Student module and connected student systems.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure thorough testing of student system upgrades and the implementation of new student systems.
Provide leadership and oversight into the operations of:
- Banner Student administrative processes such as: setting up the term registration and waitlist systems, implementing priority registration, inactivating student accounts, updating student types, rolling grades, automated repeat processing, updating academic standing, and applying semester honors designations.
- Producing ad-hoc data reports of student data as needed for internal and external customers.
- Curriculum implementation and processing in Banner and related systems.
- Responsible for course scheduling and the rooming process.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate delegation of responsibilities, cross training, and coverage through key processing times to ensure operational success.
- Ensure team development and maintenance of accurate process documentation and training guides.
- Ensure adherence to relevant University policy for all processes.
- Lead efforts of continuous process improvement and better utilization of system functionality to create greater efficiencies, more accurate throughput, and an improved student experience.
- Develop performance plans and conduct performance evaluations. Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. Provide professional development training and develop training tools for staff.
Support for the Office of the Registrar (25%)
- As a member of the Office of the Registrar leadership team, contribute towards office leadership and initiatives.
- Align strategic goals and projects of the unit with that of the Office of the Registrar and Division of Enrollment Management.
- Lead a team who serves as the office’s primary liaison with Information Technology Application Services (ITAS), coordinating and presenting support needs and priorities on behalf of the whole Office of the Registrar.
- Ensure coordination with other Office of the Registrar teams to thoroughly understand business process needs in relation to system functionality.
Perform other related duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience with progressive responsibility working in a collegiate-level Registrar’s Office or an Enrollment Management office in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience working with a Student Information System (SIS), such as Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, et al.
- Professional experience providing leadership, supervision, and performance management for staff.
- Experience with writing reports, extracting and analyzing data.
- Experience with classroom scheduling and room allocation software.
- Experience creating goals to meet the strategic plan of the department.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Project management experience.
- Experience developing, identifying, and implementing policies and procedures towards improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, orientation toward detail, and experience maintaining accurate documentation.
- Experience independently managing multiple tasks effectively, learning quickly, and thriving in a changing systems environment.
- Highly developed negotiating skills.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience collaborating and building relationships with a diverse group of key campus partners, school and university constituents, and students.
- Experience with relational databases, including/such as SQL.
Posting date 04/14/2020 Closing date Closing Instructions Open Until Filled To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) 04/28/2020 Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Talent Team Representative Tanya Rogowsky Talent Team Representative E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Benefits
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.