JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Senior Manager, Quality Supply Chain to join our Quality Supply Chain team. They will build, develop, and lead the team of Supplier Quality engineers/technicians to support Manufacturing, Supplier Development, New Product Development, and Quality Systems at JUUL Contract Manufacturer (CM) sites.
- Direct projects to ensure the manufacture of high-quality product and facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements
- Monitor daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals
- Interact with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures
- Interpret and execute policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit
- Contribute to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit
- Monitor compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations etc)
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending
- Translate department goals into individual objectives
- Identify, develop and implement processes to improve department performance
- Monitor departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making
- Provide manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools
- Direct Quality personnel to support new product development by defining projects focused on new products/process development based on coordination with management, project leaders, & design engineers
- Implement improvements to Quality Systems and tools by directing personnel to gather data on existing quality tools, identify weaknesses, and research/select new tools based on findings
- Ensure sustaining support of Quality System and regulatory compliance by individually working quality system issues and by delegating project work for maintaining quality system capability
- Assure that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the JUUL Quality Policy
- Establish and promote a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System
- Lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guides, coaches, directs, and develops direct reports
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Quality Engineering, Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Quality Engineering Management
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment required
- Project management experience with projects of small to moderate scope including schedules, scope, costs and resources
EDUCATION: BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Applied Science required. MS preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.