Job Title: Facilities Coordinator (Level 2)
Reports to: Building Manager
Role Purpose: Provide professional support to the Building Manager. Provide customer service on facilities management issues raised. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- To monitor all activities relating to the site(s), reporting and taking action as appropriate.
- To comply with Health and Safety on site, maintaining records, using the Meridian system, and involvement with contractor management as appropriate.
- To conduct meter readings within all required buildings.
- To respond to requests for maintenance / technical assistance in person, via telephone and electronically.
- To research questions and solutions using available information resources, advising the Building Manager the appropriate actions.
- To identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Route issues and requests to the correct resource, track progress and document resolutions
- To liaise with tenants and deal with any operational queries they might have.
- To work in conjunction with the BM ensuring a PPM and repair programme is in place.
- To manage work programmes on site in conjunction with the BM, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved.
- To manage the P2P (Purchase to Pay) system and respond to any related queries or requests as appropriate.
- To integrate financial data (such as quotations and purchase orders) with the specific maintenance tasks
- Prepare activity reports and provide statistical data to the Building Manager to inform operational strategy.
- Any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
- Understand how the industry and stakeholders function, and the range of services available to clients
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Develop an understanding of how to build and maintain client, supplier and customer relationships
- Understanding of key issues to be noted on property inspections
- Understand and use industry/specific IT applications
- Understand the principles of service charges
- Understand the principles of contract law
- Understand how property is constructed and how plant works; working knowledge of fundamental building operations, relevant hard and soft services knowledge
- Know and be able to apply legislation and policies relating to Health and Safety
- Know and be able to apply legislation and policies relating to Environmental protection
- Understand insurance relating to buildings and the FSA regulations
- Understand and apply all procedures relating to work activities
- Contributes to team business plan/strategy
- Able to plan and manage own workload
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Oriented towards providing excellence in customer services
- Can demonstrate adaptability and attention to detail, with strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn and expand the processes of the helpdesk function as the role progresses
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.