Castlight has just launched a high-touch care navigation service for the employees of self-insured companies. This service, staffed by nurses, handles a variety of needs including answering questions about employees’ health benefits, helping employees find doctors and hospitals, and teaching people about alternatives to care in the emergency room, such as the use of telemedicine. As a clinical leader on the operations team for this navigation service, you will play a critical role in hiring, training, and managing a team of approximately ten nurses. You and your team’s objective will be to serve the needs of individual employees—offering them amazing experience while consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations.
You will be seen as a role model and will work side-by-side with your team to provide daily coaching, feedback, and support to deliver an exceptional client experience. With a strong connection to our mission, passion for service excellence, and commitment to people development you will need to combine the right balance of empathy, operations process excellence, change agility, and clinical expertise to ensure our customers are delighted.
- Through 1:1s, informal huddles, and team meetings develop strong and trusting relationships with your team to truly understand and foster their career aspirations, and consistently demonstrate your commitment to their success
- Communicate and reinforce operational priorities, clinical processes and objectives to obtain understanding, alignment and adoption from your team
- Collaborate with senior operational leaders and peers on best practices and service delivery to customers
- Actively work with your team to provide in-the-moment support, as well as ongoing coaching and development to enable your team to consistently and reliably achieve our customer results
- Actively participate in our performance management processes to effectively assess the talent of your team and manage accordingly
- Coordinate with clinical experts to meet our client, customer, and team needs
- Track and manage your team to a set of performance metrics that you collaborate on developing
- A current unrestricted RN license is required
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive management/supervisory experience and demonstrated success in a high-touch service environment
- 5+ years nursing experience in one or more of the following areas: Medical/Surgical, Home Health, Case Management, Nurse Triage, Disease Management, Cardiac, Orthopedic, Hospice, ICU, Behavioral Health or Diabetes
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess, recognize and develop talent and motivate team members to high-performance and achievement of specified goals.
- A leadership style that creates a team environment which results in open communication, behavior consistent with company values, and group inter-dependency
- A strong commitment to ongoing learning
- Ability to be successful in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic service environment
- A high degree of accountability and self-motivation and excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office