We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en Objectives:
- Manage procurement related activities for one or more assigned large capital investment projects in Asia region such as Zhanjiang Project in cooperation with external partners.
- Develop procurement strategy and procurement plan for assigned large capital projects.
- Control procurement cost, schedule and quality of equipment and service for the projects according to procurement execution plan.
- Ensure procurement plans and operations process meet the requirement of global and regional procurement strategy and BASF procedures.
- Define and align procurement execution plan including category strategy with project team, category buyers and engineering partner.
- Timely design, align and implement project specific procurement process with all stakeholders.
- Set-up and manage project specific contracts for services or equipment.
- Monitor that Engineering Procurement (EP) / Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) acts according to BASF requirements.
- Strive for value contribution to BASF internal customers.
- Align bidders lists in collaboration with the Procurement Verbund Team.
- Define minimum requirements for master purchase order.
- Ensuring that required deviations of the prescribed rules are approved internally and audit-proof documented.
- Performs adequate control of EP/EPC contractor’s procurement services.
- Track procurement progress, completeness and traceability of related documents.
- Avoid / mitigate and manage risks.
- Responsible for claim and non-conformance management in the project.
- Manage change requests, back-charging, capture lessons learned.
- Education: Bachelor or above, majored in Engineering, Chemistry, Economics or Finance.
- Working Experience: At least 10 years’ procurement experience and successfully completed at least one large capital project >50 Million EUR in a project procurement manager or contract manager position.
- Technical background and background in multinational company is preferred.