The Role: S&P Global Platts is seeking a Client Service Account Manager to cover an assigned territory across North America. The Client Service Account Manager is responsible for partnering with Sales and Client Development Managers to provide the best possible customer experience to support new customer business, existing customer retention and existing customer growth through on-site support, training and integration of S&P Global Platts services within customer workflows. The goal is to facilitate excellent customer service as a value differentiator. This position is responsible for both remote and on-site support and training of Platts’ products ensuring customers derive optimal value from the real-time services they subscribe to. Through enhancing the customer experience, this role plays a key part in retention and lead generation. This position is also responsible for serving as a knowledgeable resource.
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 10
The Location: New York, NY or Princeton, NJ
The Impact: Platts, a division of S&P Global, is a leading global provider of energy and metals information. With nearly a century of business experience, Platts serves customers across more than 150 countries. From offices worldwide, we serve the oil, natural gas, electricity, nuclear power, coal, petrochemical. Agriculture and metals markets. Platts' real time news, pricing, analytical services, and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. Traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders depend upon Platts to help them make better trading and investment decisions.
- Support Customers and Sales in post-sale activities in the effort to enhance the customer experience. Activities include but are not limited to: Business Analysis / Training Implementation and Delivery / Training Documentation Development / Adoption Analysis and Solution Recommendation & Implementation / Problem-Solving / On-going support as these activities relate to the use of all related products.
- Act as the leader and primary liaison between business unit and Customer base with issues relating to product & technology in the areas of: (1) Hardware / Software Configuration, (2) Product Installation, (3) Data Definition, Mapping & Integration.
- Proactively / reactively provide Customer training via on-site visits, WebEx, phone or email to incorporate Platts’ services into their workflow and drive customer satisfaction and retention
- Action top tier escalations for all supported products and services. Provide follow-up as appropriate.
- Monitor, collect and report knowledge collected from customer interactions, together with an integrated knowledge of internal systems and cross-departmental operations. Add into CRM for future reference.
- Preparation for customer visits to include company research, training documents, liaise with Sales teams for any problems that may be encountered.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a proactive and positive environment with Customer Care, Sales, Marketing and other departments that impact Customers.
- Interact with 3rd party vendors. Participate in training and relationship building through joint on-site customer visits, mutual training and customer support.
- Regularly attend Management, Sales and Editorial meetings to present core information, keep communication channels open between departments and to be kept informed of all changes regarding clients and markets.
- Discover up-sell/cross-sell opportunities for products and services during client calls/on-site visits and pass on these leads to respective sales colleagues.
- Adopt technical products and product portfolio via education and problem resolution for the appropriate business unit.
- Collect report and act on Voice of the Customer feedback acquired from Customer interactions. Recommend process improvements based on feedback.
- Act as Subject-Matter-Expert in agreed upon area within Client Service Account Manager’s team and Sales in one of the four areas but not limited to: (1) Management, (2) Customer Needs, (3) Technology, and (4) Training.
- Manage and deliver special projects assigned by leadership for the benefit of the Customer Support teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
- Previous face to face and virtual training experience working with people of all levels essential
- Proven ability to train people at all levels
- Proven ability to work alone as well as in a team and work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility for travelling to customer sites for this position. Travel approx. 40% dependent on territory.
- Proactively understand customers' needs and absorb critical information that could result in additional revenue, potential down-sizing.
- Possess technical knowledge to support and train Platts services to both internal and external Customers.
- Ability to influence individuals at all levels, give opinions and justifications.
- Use organizational/time management skills to prioritize workload, schedule trips and training sessions.
- Ability to analyze processes and procedures, identify and present necessary changes and involve and gain the commitment from all associates and other business units as part of any change process.
- Have a flexible approach to cover colleagues work when needed.
- Possess exceptional listening, written and oral communication skills to facilitate communication and interaction with all staff levels and customers.
- Customer Service experience, complex problem solving experience to be able to assist clients.
- Ability to manage their own time and work under pressure and with short lead times.
- Experience with CRM systems for recording transactions and reporting metrics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications and ability to set up internet connections/wireless internet connections.
- Knowledge of energy/commodity/ financial markets is preferred.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.