What you will do
Under general supervision, oversees total construction and the electrical installation effort to insure project is constructed in accordance with scope, budget and schedule. Supervises site activities for JCI resources with a group of subcontractors on large projects of $1M in cost or greater. Coordinates JCI work with other site contractors to insure compliance with terms and conditions for the project assigned. Some examples of work is; Building Automation, CCTV, Access Control, data network install, fiber install, Nurse Call install and fire alarm install with an emphasis on Building Automation.
How you will do it
- Works with the project team to identify project objectives with alignment to the scope, budget and schedule.
- Ensures Quality Control and scope of work compliance through daily site inspections.
- Submits regular progress updates for incorporation into master plan/schedule to provide variance analysis reporting.
- Acts as Project Safety program coordinator.
- Coordinates with the Systems and Services Teams for allocating resources to meet the project objectives.
- Resolves site conflicts regarding the sequencing of work and unforeseen conditions.
- Coordinates facility access and ensures appropriate site-working environments.
- Works with Project Manager in managing risks and assists in establishing project recovery plans. Ensures recovery plans are carried out.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Construction Management Standards.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, prime contractors and subcontractors. Ensures subcontractors readily understand expectations of the project.
What we look for
- Minimum High school diploma
- 7 to 10 years of direct project coordination and supervision experience in Commercial and/or Industrial Building Construction Industry.
Read Full Description
- Security systems background
- Proficient in project management processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellence in coordination skills and the ability to supervise project activities on large projects of $1M in cost or greater, including experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges often requiring knowledge of many different disciplines.
- High-level competence in written and verbal communication at various levels.
- Able to travel up to 100%. This will vary on project assignment. Projects may exist outside of geographical assigned Area.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.