If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establish and grow brand awareness and enrollment, and advance WGU’s reputation for excellence in the state by representing WGU as an accessible, affordable, high quality workforce related higher education to community businesses, organizations, educational and political leaders
- Assist the RVP in development of a high-powered, regional organization. Recruit and develop high performing talent and individuals. Manage direct reports and other employees through coaching, training and motivation to achieve results.
- Sit in for the RVP for presentations, meetings, conferences and other events when the RVP is unable to attend.
- Collaborate with other WGU leaders and departments in order to resolve state issues as they arise.
- Manage the day to day administration of the region.
- Influence the definition and guide the development of WGU’s “flywheel” for the state by developing relationships that drive value for WGU, employers, students and alumni.
- Project executive presence and deliver presentations as a thought leader in higher education.
- Develop and manage all aspects of P&L.
- Manage and support WGU facilities as requested.
- Prepare and analyze reports, compile monthly operating reports
- Authentically reflect and portray the mission of WGU.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Innovation – is able to develop new ideas that will enhance state success, and align with and enable the transformation of WGU into its next phase of impact and scale.
- Earns trust – is exceptional and persuasive using communication skills, oral and written, in addressing internal and external audiences; delivers on commitments.
- Negotiation – can negotiate and influence skillfully and professionally in tough situations with both internal and external groups while maintaining relationships.
- Team and individual development – defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging; hires and develops top talent and future WGU leaders.
- Execution and results oriented – is focused on results, not just activity. Exceptional skill and demonstrated success in delivering and improving quality and results in a senior leadership role.
- Business Acumen-the ability to review and analyze information for a deep understanding of operating performance, performance to goals, cost analysis, etc.
- Managerial courage – willingly tackles difficult topics and conventional thinking; doesn’t hold anything back that needs to be said.
- Student focus – the ability to always keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Makes decisions and guides efforts to improve and expand value for students and employers.
- Master’s degree
- 5-7 years of executive experience in roles of progressive responsibility. Proven track record of operational success in a business or education entity and increased year over year growth. Strong community and government networks are required.
Doctorate strongly preferred
Ability to travel throughout the region a regular basis, as much as 80% of the time. Travel to Salt Lake City, Utah is also required on a quarterly basis.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
This is a university made for a new kind of student. At WGU, our focus is on the success of our students and our graduates. What kind of university will give the busy adult student of the 21st century—unique, dedicated, and driven—the best chance for success? One that values those qualities and puts them to work. We’re the first university where all bachelor’s and master’s degrees are competency-based, with curriculum designed in partnership with leading employers. We’re nonprofit, driven entirely by a mission to serve students—in fact, it’s right there in our name. We’re called Western Governors University because we were created by a group of U.S. governors, an innovative solution to their states’ demand for high-quality, outcomes-oriented higher education.
Read Full Description