This is a long term contract with our client in the Meridian/Englewood, CO area. (12 months)
- Work hand-on with our Client's Data Warehouse (EDW) and Operational Data Store (ODS) systems.
- Collects, evaluates, and prepares data analysis and/or other complex analysis on databases for a specific business unit.
- Prepares data quality analysis (DQA) artifacts, including recommendations and data profiles used in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate, and source to target mappings.
- Ensures quality control of databases through the development and maintenance of test plans and quality control procedures and may assist in development and implementation of measurement systems.
- This position will be responsible for Data Analysis activities to support Data Warehouse projects.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- This person will be required to discover, analyze, profile and document findings on source data systems
- Create source to target mappings using business rules to transform data
- Assist development team during the development phase to resolve data issues and understand data constraints Once development activities are completed the candidate will drive the testing of the final data output
- The position requires very strong communication skills as the candidate will be required to interact regularly with all levels within the organization, including developers, architects, business users and management
- Assist with Tableau server administration and dashboard development
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Software Engineer will have: Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience within an IT Department, preferably within a Data Warehouse and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in data analysis and creating data sets from multiple source systems Exposure to and experience in data warehousing concepts Strong SQL skills is a must.
Experience with Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, are highly desired Experience with AWS and Amazon Redshift Experience with Tableau Experience working within the Telco/Cable/Satellite industry a definite plus
Read Full Description