The University of Southern California (USC) has established a Workday Financials deployment program covering our academic enterprise as well as our hospitals. This program is critical to USC’s overall goals to improve administrative efficiency. Workday Financials will be paired with the existing Workday HR and Payroll solutions implemented in 2013.
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Workday Financials deployment program team. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting ITS operational and project-based communications. The successful candidate will also be responsible for producing engaging and accessible content for a broad range of internal and external campus stakeholders, as well as the public. He/she must also demonstrate the ITS values in action.
ITS is committed to providing information technology services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
This is a fixed-term position with an anticipated end date of September 30th, 2021. Please note that this is a full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Crafts and develops content (e.g., websites, email newsletters, talking points), ensuring clear, engaging and accurate communications are produced for and delivered to a broad range for ITS staff, customers, partners, and key stakeholders. Supports and monitors social media outreach, traffic, and message tracking, and impact analysis. Continually assesses emerging communication channels, and develops reports on impact and yield
- Defines communication policies and procedures, developing and refining style guides for ITS and project staff. Provides insight through strategic communications and planning processes. Supports efforts to streamline messaging and align communications by providing consultation support to ITS departments. Facilitates leadership alignment on objectives, strategies, and plans, assisting with the review and approval processes for internal/external communications
- Develops varied approaches to build and maintain engaging, collaborative relationships with internal/external stakeholders from diverse background and industries. Develops skills and abilities on an ongoing basis, maintaining currency on emerging technologies, standards, and best practices. Increases visibility of ITS culture through engagement with appropriate professional associations
- Supports the engagement, culture, and communications team’s vision and governance for change management through the implementation of standards, procedures, and cost-effective, leading solutions. Aids the cultivation of an inclusive environment and a culture of trust and transparency, sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors (e.g., accountability, ethics, best-in-class customer service).
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree; combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- 2 years of directly related work experience
- Demonstrated experience utilizing multiple social media platforms for a brand or professional organization's social media presence
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to present technical topics in a business-oriented fashion to non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with team members
The Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, higher education, information technology or relevant field
- 4 years of experience in a communication related field
- Experience in higher education and with university audiences
- Thorough understanding of IT business processes
- Experience with web content management systems, email distribution lists, graphic design, and photo editing tolls (e.g., Canvas, Photoshop).
Come and join the Workday Financials deployment team – a team that works as trusted partners shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
Read Full Description