Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next ‘Unicorns’”.
The General Manager position will be one of the most challenging and impactful roles at Alto as we scale from 2 markets to over 50 locations over the next 36 months. The General Manager will be responsible for growing the adoption of Alto among providers and patients, delivering excellent service, and building a profitable business. You will hire a world class team, work in tandem with sales, marketing, product and operations to guiding new market growth strategy, including the selection, sequencing and investment of therapeutic areas and to inform Alto’s broader expansion efforts.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, are known as a jack of all trades and a charismatic leader, and hungry to hit ambitious growth targets, we want to hear from you.
- Deliver a world class pharmacy experience for patients and providers, making Alto the leader in online pharmacy.
- Develop a deep understanding of your market and communicate actionable insights that inform our launch and go-to-market decisions and subsequent growth. You will spend time speaking to providers, patients, manufacturers, and potential partners, and analyze data to validate your hypotheses.
- Partner with the Pharmacist in Charge to build and manage a world class team with individuals focused on business development, sales, marketing, operations, and healthcare.
- Manage the P&L for one of Alto’s newest markets
- Collaborate with senior leadership in setting strategies and OKRs for your team and drive on the ground sales and marketing initiatives
- Manage key performance indicators on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends
- Be an internal champion for your market with cross-functional teams and communicate product/fulfillment/operation needs to HQ.
- Work with community, local manufacturers, health plans and community events to drive awareness of Alto
- Help scale other cities through developing and sharing best practice
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
Read Full Description
- 10-15 years work experience in operations, management, professional services or other related fields
- An instinct for getting stuff done, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do “whatever it takes”
- Analytical and data driven decision making mentality
- A strong people leader with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams and a proven track record of managing high performance teams
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to make your city successful
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Ability to thrive in a remote market, leading a small local team, in an autonomous way
- Insane curiosity about the differences between markets and how to build a successful business for Alto in each
- B.A/B.S, MBA preferred; healthcare experience a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!