Job Posting End Date: 12/18
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace. Unum Ireland based in Carlow is a strategic software development and services centre for Unum, specialising in the creation of innovative and customer centric software solutions. Our culture embraces a continuous improvement philosophy that permeates everything we do, from meeting the needs of our customers quickly and efficiently to developing the skills and expertise of our employees. Using leading-edge technology and information systems, Unum Ireland offers excellent career opportunities in IT.
A Cloud Security Engineer will need strong technical skills, which may include experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting languages like Python or PowerShell, and cloud provider platforms such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure. They should have good oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate security and risk-related concepts. They should also have ingenuity and strong problem-solving skills in order to swiftly and creatively deal with threats or flaws in Unum’s Cloud environments related to Security.
- Cloud systems engineering and operational experience in IT (AWS and/or Azure)
- Support the administration and management of native cloud security services and other solutions that are deployed to secure cloud infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge integrating enterprise scale security solutions in AWS and/or Azure, including user, security, and networking configurations
- Experience designing, planning, and implementing security tools, controls, policies, and processes
- Experience developing guidelines and reviewing security configurations related to AWS and/or Azure deployments and common web application frameworks
- Ability to handle both hands-on technical work, and consulting and advising on cloud and data security risk across the organization
- Proven ability to utilize experiences in AWS or Azure cloud environments to assist developer teams in efforts to maintain the security of environments throughout deployment
- Hands-on expertise operating in an AWS and/or Azure environment with mastery of architecture and security capabilities in the cloud
- Serve as an escalation path for team members to trouble shoot security related inquiries
- Experience building and operating automated security operations, including experience scripting configuration automation
- Understanding of network attacks, DDoS, Phishing, email protocols/security/spam, encryption, authentication, logging and log analysis, IP and device reputation, and security rules and policies
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, and automated build and configuration tools such as Jenkins and terraform
- Broad-based working knowledge of cloud platforms, identity federation, networking, application, database, infrastructure and/or server administration
- Ability to design, build and deliver cloud threat analytics by leveraging cloud log correlation, AI & machine learning engines
- Experience designing, configuring, implementing and leveraging cloud services models such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Knowledge of web application security, browser security models
- Experience partnering with peers to find an appropriate balance between DevOps and security
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks and standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, MITRE, ITIL)
- Experience in scripting or programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, JSON, Chef/Puppet/Terraform/Ansible to design security as code
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt learning into successful implementation
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven, and adaptable with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field, or Similar field with related work experience (5+)
- Experience integrating cloud security technologies into security operations center (SOC) standard operating procedures.
- Working experience with AWS Security Hub, Inspector, GuardDuty and Trusted Advisor.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Network and/or Database Security
- Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes, and other Containers or Microservices tools/technologies and testing for and remediating container vulnerabilities.
- Experience achieving and maintaining compliance with SOC2, NIST 800-53, and other security frameworks
- Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, etc.)
Unum and its family of businesses offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, world-class training and development, and a culture built on employee ideas. Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to person’s race, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family status, membership of the travelling community, gender or sexual orientation. Come join us if you’re interested in working in an exciting and challenging environment for a company that is on the move!
Read Full Description