The Network Systems Analyst will be primarily responsible for managing and configuring security information and event monitoring (SIEM) tool. Research security enhancements and identifies solutions to enhance IT security. Evaluates and recommends security products, services, and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
Provides technical support of IT infrastructure at all Upsher-Smith locations. Support will include assisting with installation, configuration, recovery, administration and security of infrastructure components. Incumbent will work on implementation projects as well as have responsibility for daily monitoring and support activities.
- Reviews and investigates latest security alerts to determine relevancy and urgency.
- Proactively communicates to IT Infrastructure leadership when investigations signal an incident
- Manages and configures security information and event monitoring tool (SIEM) with supervision
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data.
- Provide incident response support.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Work with infrastructure team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Participates in proactive monitoring of server, storage, network and other technologies.
- Assist with installs, configuration, testing, and providing problem resolution for hardware and software associated with servers, printers and other assigned technologies.
- Assists with the planning and execution of infrastructure installs and upgrades.
- Assists in correctly installing and configuring operating system releases, service packs and application software.
- Adheres to validation requirements and department good practice for system administration, including a properly completed checklist, communication to affected parties, adequate pre and post testing in non-production and production environments, and the creation/update of work instructions, change controls, or other documents that are needed or affected.
- Interacts with Help Desk to support problem escalation. May provide technical and operational support to users by telephone or on-site at the user's work area. Records each problem and its resolution following established department procedures.
- Documents server hardware and software installation along with configuration and recovery information in accordance with department standards.
- Documents operating procedures for administration and monitoring of the network.
- Executes works instructions and recovery documentation.
- Reviews work instructions and application documentation generated by team. Observes when required documentation is missing or out of date and acts to bring documentation current.
- Ensures user access to network resources is authorized through adequate security measures.
- Develops working knowledge of infrastructure hardware and software.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how to access equipment, basic operations and support.
- Communicates matters of importance in a clear and timely manner to users and IT management.
- Balances daily responsibilities with project tasks. Proactively communicates time constraints to project lead and supervisor.
- Executes project assignments to meet committed due dates.
- Provides backup support for assigned operational activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science or Associate/Technical degree in comparable field.
- 0-2+ years of experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge.
- Exposure to various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, and network/security applications.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including factors related to pregnancy or child birth), national origin, age, marital status, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity status with regard to public assistance, employment status, local human rights commission activity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other protected category.
Read Full Description