At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing, launching, and overseeing marketing efforts across channels. Manages and markets products via third-party relationships.
The Director, Digital Marketing will be responsible for driving and overseeing the execution of digital marketing programs that drive new cardmember acquisition. The candidate must have deep knowledge of the performance digital marketing space, including SEM, Social, Display and have experience ideating and implementing full-funnel marketing plans, from acquisition through retention. The Director is responsible for end-to-end management of performance media including strategy/planning, campaign optimization, reporting and managing channel budget. The Director must be skilled at leading a team, collaborating with cross-functional teams and managing external agencies.
- lead the development of the value proposition and marketing segmentations and develop go- to-market strategies
- Partner with cross-functional teams and develop integrated strategies across multiple business lines and revenue drivers to achieve advantage or parity
- Develop business-building programs with merchants, gateways, payment facilitators, processors, acquirers and shopping carts.
- Direct the creation of marketing proposals, communications, materials, education, and channels to support both external and internal audiences.
- Manage and lead the development of reporting to manage day-to-day efforts as well as executive reporting for Management
- Lead teams of employees and foster career development]
- Responsible for budget and personnel decisions.
At a minimum here is what we would ask from you:
- 8+ years Marketing or related Minimum
- 2+ years People Management Minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field Minimum
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Management, Sales, Marketing, Business development, analytics, or related field, including people management
- Proven track record building thoughtful performance marketing strategies that drive results.
- Will thrive in collaborative team environment and excel in team management.
- Candidate will be able to excite and rally colleagues and management on vision, innovation and results.
- Experience managing strategy and execution at a media agency/trade desk or in-house/client side and working with various MarTech/AdTech partners (e.g. – DMP, Tag Management Solutions, Campaign Performance Tracking Solutions)
- Ability to effectively manage a team and successfully collaborate cross-functionally within a fast-paced growth environment
- Expert level of understanding of digital landscape inclusive of search, display/programmatic
- Advanced knowledge required of all media campaign categories (Planning, Media, Technology, etc.) and strong interest in identifying tests to help accomplish goals
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Read Full Description