Role: Podcast Development Executive, Endeavor Audio
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Company Description: A unit of Endeavor Content, Endeavor Audio is a leader in the podcast industry, specializing in financing, producing, distributing, and monetizing scripted and non-scripted podcasts. In its first year, Endeavor Audio financed, produced, and distributed BLACKOUT, the widely acclaimed scripted podcast starring Rami Malek. Endeavor Audio is currently in development and production on an unrivalled slate of podcasts in partnership with illustrious creators and entertainment brands including Dick Wolf, WWE, Mass Appeal, and Hasbro. Its mission is to empower artists and content creators by providing them with more ownership and creative freedom as they navigate the podcast landscape. Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG), a global leader in sports, entertainment and fashion operating in more than 30 countries.
Endeavor Content is looking for a Development Executive to join the Endeavor Audio Team. This role will be responsible for the development of narrative non-fiction and talent-driven podcast projects for Endeavor Audio. The Development Executive will be charged with forging relationships with content creators, talent, producers and internal stakeholders across the Endeavor enterprise and will manage and supervise the editorial process and be responsible for developing the podcast pipeline. The position offers unique exposure to our Audio division within the media and entertainment industry.
- Identify new material, talent, creators, and production companies to bring in to Endeavor Audio at earliest stages of development
- Generating internally developed podcast formats and concepts
- Seek out new pools of talent for Endeavor Audio with the potential for future development in all audio areas
- Developing original podcast concepts, across multiple genres and formats.
- Contributing regularly to podcast development, researching new ideas, attending and assessing pitches for viability.
- Fielding incoming pitches from agents, production companies, talent, and other creators
- Track needs of all buyers, help formulate pitches and help set pitches at all buyers
- Drive podcasts from idea stage to viability by attaching creative elements; working with creators to flesh out research, scrips, and characters; and determining budgets necessary to accomplish the foregoing
- Project executive leadership and communicate with senior executives to convey the conceptual audio narrative, sound experience, and overall creative audio media design approach.
- Provide notes for projects in development
- Encourages innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great content.
- Work with production team to source and staff necessary elements required to execute each podcast (eg: audio production companies, engineers, editors, sound designers),
- Creative guidance of projects in production, in collaboration with production team to ensure timely delivery and highest quality of content
- Determine and manage specific production needs to ensure that the Endeavor Audio creative needs are met and balanced across productions.
- Regular communication with content creators to gather and review development information
- Maintain and build relationships with production community.
- Manage development meeting agendas and additional processes for network (i.e., kick off meetings, renewal meetings, first looks, etc.). Maintain development and production reports as required.
- Liaise between Endeavor Audio and Endeavor-wide departments to ensure constant communication on development status updates.
- Previous development experience in different genres, short form and long form formats; experience from mediums other than audio welcome
- The ability to work on multiple project simultaneously with stakeholders in remote locations
- Experience as creative development lead on a successful series
- Is available nights and weekends on occasion, depending on development and/or production needs
- Experience working with creative and development teams
- Is self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Is comfortable working with high-profile talent
- Broad knowledge of the podcast and/or entertainment industry
- The ability to handle high-stress situations and perform under pressure
- A passion for building and listening to podcasts
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Read Full Description