Are you a laboratory professional with leadership experience looking to use your skills in a whole new way? Or a veterinary supervisor or manager looking for career growth and new opportunities? Are you an Operations expert with People Leader superpowers? Are you ready for a change?
As a Laboratory Supervisor at IDEXX, you will be a people leader at one of the largest veterinary diagnostic companies in the world. You will supervise Medical Technicians and Technologists who perform laboratory testing that helps veterinarians diagnose and treat pets across the United States. You will join a fast-paced work environment that encourages teamwork and quality and offers opportunities for personal growth. These are full-time roles with competitive benefits and performance incentives.
We are expanding our business and are looking to bring on People Leaders! We are offering a $3K Sign On Bonus for qualified Supervisor hires!
An ideal candidate would have supervisory experience in a laboratory, research/animal husbandry or veterinary clinic/hospital setting. Candidates with science backgrounds and Operations experience also a plus.
Generalist Lab Supervisor Nights: Come lead the critical "Gen Lab" area - Chemistry, Serology. Hours 12AM (Midnight) to 8:30AM Tuesday - Saturday.
Parasitology Lab Supervisor Nights: Come lead the fastest growing department at IDEXX.
Are you open to relocation?
Relocation assistance would be considered for a qualified candidate.
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy coaching and developing people to reach business goals and their potential
- You have knowledge of clinical or veterinary testing and procedures
- You would enjoy the challenge of organizing staff schedules, coordinating workflow, and overseeing costs and metrics
- You are someone who trains other employees or has a desire and the knowledge to do so.
- You love to problem-solve - from trouble-shooting diagnostic analyzers to resolving situational challenges
- You love a fast-paced, high-volume innovative work environment
- You are excited about the opportunity to use your skills and abilities in promoting the health and well-being of animals.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required, preferably in Science-related field.
- Typical 2-3+ years' Supervisory experience, with in-depth experience in the areas supervised.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Supervisory skills and ability.
- Typically supervises moderate-size and/or less complex work group.
- Typically supervises staff in a Regional/Core lab.
- May supervise Bench/Associate Supervisors.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
- Experience with the operations, testing and services of the area(s) supervised, including setting up, reading and releasing test results and troubleshooting equipment.
- Extensive laboratory skills and experience.
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel required.
- Laboratory environment with potential biohazards present.
- Potential for exposure to agents known to cause zoonotic disease in humans and use of potentially hazardous chemicals as defined by the National Hazard Communication Standards. A complete list of such chemicals is available from department supervision.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Apply Today!
While we appreciate our staffing partners, we are unable to accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Read Full Description