We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Director Public Sector Sales Germany.
Within this role you will be responsible for leading and managing the Public Sector Sales Team as well as the associated overlay sales employees. Together with your team you, as the new leader will build the growth plan for the Public Sector Accounts business in Germany and an associated go-to-market strategy. For this you must understand the overall business of the public sector and how to align the sales team in positioning Citrix products, messaging and services.
You together with your team you are responsible for overall bookings goals and to establish and drive a strong business network to Public Sector Customers along with your ability to build a strategic plan.
As the Director Public Sector Sales, you will drive the professional & personal development of your team in Germany, including solution selling, mentorship, training, and performance evaluation.
You will oversee that the team is effectively developing and driving the sales opportunities and growth of their assigned accounts. You will act as an enabler to remove both internal (Citrix) and external (customer, partner) roadblocks and help staff resolve challenges in support of sales opportunities and strong growth in relevant accounts.
Examples of Specific Responsibilities:
Create a strong sales culture and sales cadence:
- Position Citrix in Public Sector Accounts, execute the Sales plan by teaching the sales organization in sales methodology and professional practices, as well as using Salesforce.com as a system of record. Ensures the team meets booking goals and support team in execution.
- Sales call activity: lead forecasting, follow up, account reviews, prospecting, and performance. Leverage and communicate competitive losses/wins within the team and local leadership team.
- Define account and opportunity planning processes and develop new initiatives to grow revenue and market potential and lead sales team in developing execution strategy.
- Provide guidance and support for sales team in matters of problem resolution, sales strategies, competitive analysis and pricing, bids, frame contracts etc. and public sector policy interpretation.
- Demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition; ability to guide and train sales representatives to implement this within their remit.
Attract, recruit and develop and retain world class talents:
- Manage the team’s performance in a positive way: assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members to at least meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement development plans across the team.
- Ensure the organization embraces the Citrix values of Integrity, Teamwork, Courage, Respect, and Curiosity
- Creates ambition and engagement by using and teaching encouragement, fair-treatment, inclusion, and career development as primary techniques to motivate the team. Understands that positive reinforcement and constructive coaching are the most effective tactics to help their team realize their full potential.
- He/she Demonstrates a sincere interest in the well-being of the team members.
He/she Demonstrates a sincere interest in the well-being of the team members.
Defines and executes Expansion strategy:
- Identify market potential within the Public sector segment, set sales strategy to capture this potential, and manage investments to eliminate coverage gaps. Builds a strong executive network in our Public Sector Accounts.
- Communicate marketing requirements and competitive data, including tenders, pricing, feature needs, license models and value proposition strategies to product stakeholders to senior management. Connect with operations and senior management to ensure market data needs of the Sales team are being met, and issues are being addressed.
- Ideally of 10 years experience or more in leading teams (with direct reports of 6+ years) in Enterprise and/or Corporate sales.
- Ideally of 5+ years or more in the Public Sector environment.
- In a highly matrixed and international Corporate environment, articulate, fast-thinking & attuned to Enterprise business and special requirements
- Deep experience in managing teams that sell complex technical business solutions to Enterprise/Corporate as well as mid-market customers and a strong understanding of business drivers. Also an understanding of overall business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results.
- Ideally 5 years or more experience in accelerating businesses and high growth strategies with proven track record proven and strong personal network of Enterprise/Public Sector customers & partners, in Germany
In a highly matrixed and international Corporate environment, articulate, fast-thinking & attuned to Enterprise business and special requirements
Deep experience in managing teams that sell complex technical business solutions to Enterprise/Corporate as well as mid-market customers and a strong understanding of business drivers. Also an understanding of overall business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results.
Ideally 5 years or more experience in accelerating businesses and high growth strategies with proven track record proven and strong personal network of Enterprise/Public Sector customers & partners, in Germany
Personal attributes/ leadership skills:
- High degree of motivation and professionalism with excellent organizational, project management, negotiation, change management, problem-solving and process management skills
- Communication - articulates especially complex matters in a way that is easily understood by people up and down the organization – teaches others how to do the same
- Teamwork – connects groups that previously operated independently, looking for ways to create organizational synergy and to leverage cross-functional efforts
- Excellence Orientation - believes all things can be improved, and leads others to approach work with that same mind set – removing obstacles that get in the way
- Authenticity - maintains open, respectful, and trusting relationships with direct reports, and holds them accountable for doing the same with theirs - does not allow titles or formal designations to interfere with open and easy communication
- Inspiring Others - creates an exciting environment where people work together with a strong sense of community and pride in where and how they work
- Relaying Vision - demonstrates, and creates in others enthusiasm and a sense of urgency for achieving strategic goals and company mission
- Talent Building - determines the mix and level of people capability required by the business to support current and future objectives and holds his/her management team accountable for developing and attracting talent accordingly
- Ability to travel 50 % of the time within the region.
- Further education preferred but not required
- Ideally 10 + years of Enterprise Sales and Management experience in the Information Technology industry
- Fluent in English is a must
- Possesses a high level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge and an understanding of Citrix technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com.
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re in sales, we’ll help you make your numbers and a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
Email This Job
To access this job from another computer, Email this information to yourself.
Email has successfully sent
Read Full Description