The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
The Cyber & Technology Controls (CTC) Production Support is seeking a candidate that combines both software engineering and systems/application support to join a new Infrastructure Engineering team to operate, manage, and automate large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. This new Infrastructure software engineer role will build and implement creative solutions to operations problems, including optimizing existing systems, designing and building robust infrastructure and developing automation to reduce manual work..
Infrastructure Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Contributes to product area, or software in order to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems and supports solutions for closure
- Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions.
- Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
- Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
- Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
- Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
- Self manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
- Supports end-user functional and system support issues via various channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat)
- Be part of the rotational support coverage as needed
- Mentors other junior team members
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience with 2 years of Software Engineering and application support experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., bash, PowerShell) to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with Agile and full software development life cycle disciplines
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Experience with resolving application function and system customer support issues
- Experience with SQL for metrics development
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with Maven and Jenkins build tools
- Experience troubleshooting Tomcat/Compile/Web/DB performance and other system level components
- Proficient in designing, building, and deploying software based infrastructure components. (E.g. cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks services)
- Designs and contributes to performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
- Able to work on multiple large projects that have business impact, and is self-initiated. Should be able to provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects.
- Knowledge of Open Source and Source Code vulnerabilities and scanning methods a plus
- Is seen as a change agent and key contributor to the SRE Team(s).
Our CTC Production Support Organization is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver— will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and
compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you
Read Full Description