This site is for internal employees only. If you are a contractor, and reside outside of Germany, please access our Careers section on www.cargill.com for our externally posted positions.
Position Purpose & Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership, operations experience, continuous improvement and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient and low cost plant operations.
20% Implement best practices related to soy processing plant operations
20% Lead Process Safety Information (PSI) program
20% Execute projects and process safety improvements driven by the OSHA PSM program. This may include oversight of the location PSM program
20% Technical and project lead for Operational Excellence related projects – BTU/BU, WFF, Hull Fat, Yield Optimization, Solvent Loss
10% Work assignments as determined required by Department Superintendent
5% Champion resource efficiency and energy conservation
5% Champion the Management of Change(MOC)/Programming Change Management (PCM) program
- Lead Process Safety Management program for site
- Process efficiency monitoring and improvement practices
- Implementing best practices and coaching team for high performance
- Organize, plan, and manage a crush process on a daily shift basis in terms of safety, product safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, time delivery, costs, and environment.
- Ensure P&ID’s are current
- Process analysis
- Comply with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in daily production meetings.
- Ensures work is performed according to specifications and standards
- Develop, submit, and follow through with projects that meet budget and timeline.
- Support Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve operational issues
- Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Attend various safety, department and training meetings. Facilitate meetings as required.
- Support production team as needed and will perform any other duty as assigned by the Department Superintendent.
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering
o or 5 or more years of experience with a technical process (chemical processing)
- 2 or more years of experience in a food production environment (soy processing, edible oil refinery or comparable)
- Ability to take off-hour calls and rotate being on call.
- Must be able and willing to work in an outdoor environment with exposure to grain dust.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering in any of the following fields: Chemical, Mechanical or Food
- 5 or more years experience in a food production environment (soy processing, edible oil refinery or comparable)
- Able to present complicated matter in a clear way -written and verbally
- Active and engaging oral communication skills
- Leadership and strong influencing skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to technically advise and troubleshoot
- Ability to identify resources and establish a plan to execute complex tasks
- Strong execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment.
- Practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Strong interest in continuous improvement.
CASC NA BOSC
Jose Manuel Ruiz-Garcia Senior Professional BOM_ENG_I_7 - Engineer III Dec 4, 2019 In the country of posted position
Read Full Description