At Standard Cognition, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We are enabling autonomous checkout for brick & mortar retailers with our AI-powered computer vision platform. Since launching in November 2017, Standard has contracts with multiple global retailers and is in the process of deploying our Standard Checkout solution across thousands of stores globally. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including CRV, Initialized, Draper Associates and YCombinator. Standard has raised its Series B and is valued at $535 million.
As Standard Cognition’s first product analyst you will help design and build our critical dashboards that not only guide our product but also steer our day-to-day operations, planning, and strategic decision-making. This role works closely with our internal analytics team “Root”. You will be at the center of developing a data-driven mindset in order to successfully bring autonomous checkout to the market.
This is a FULL TIME role and is located onsite at our San Francisco office.
What you'll do here:
- You will work closely with Product, ML, Engineering, and Business teams to identify and answer important questions with the power of data and experimentation
- You will mine data using our platform to extract insights for all of Standard Cognition
- You will design, analyze and run experiments including A/B tests for both internal & external applications
- You will work with the Data team to set up sampling plan for quality improvement of the Data Ingestion and ML team
- You will prepare and deliver critical reports to Product, Operations and the Business team
- You will leverage both scrappy and programmatic (SQL, Python, R) methods to collect and review critical data insights
Who you are:
- You crunch numbers in your sleep and constantly seek patterns in the data you mine. You are data obsessed
- You have 2+ years experience in the tech space or in a high-performing startup or environment
- You are comfortable with presenting data and data driven insights
- You are proficient in SQL for data mining and automation of tests; in python or R as a plus
- You have built data visualization dashboards
- College degree in engineering or science, or equivalent experience
- Only meet some of these traits or experiences? We'd still love to hear from you!
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- We're serious about food. Free catered lunch every day, and a fully stocked kitchen with occasional snack appearances from our Japanese office. Healthy and not-so-healthy options are available, as are foods for those with dietary restrictions.
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We dress casually. If you want, you can wear slippers in the office. You should see the creative collection our team has built.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Read Full Description