Regional Patient Experience Manager AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Patient Experience Program Management Responsibilities (40% of role)
- Working with other campus based managers, manages the patient experience program for the West Florida region, demonstrating strategic planning capabilities and negotiation skills.
- Works closely with executive leaders at assigned campus to ensure that we are most effectively meeting the needs of each facility and regional progress as a whole, while creatively leveraging limited resources.
- Effectively manages the consulting and coaching program to best leverage both self and external coaches/advisors with the most effective coverage at assigned campus(es). Evolves coaching models as necessary to best meet needs and drive improvement.
- Actively participates in strategic planning for patient experience in the region and system-wide.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills, and effectively develops and monitors project workplans to completion.
- Leads committees/efforts at assigned campus(es) and leverages best practices across West Florida.
- Leverages the power of story and patient comments at assigned campus(es) to advance patient experience improvement, and provides on-going story contribution to the headquarters office.
- Influences accountability in the field working closely with campus senior leadership on the best approach, including performance review/patient experience committees.
- Patient Experience Consulting (40% of role)
- Consults with senior leadership at assigned campus(es), and mentors leaders, physicians and staff at all levels in best practices for patient and family experience.
- Collaborates with executives and leaders in the field to create and oversee unit/department level action plans to drive improvement at assigned campus(es).
- Organizes consulting priorities in a strategic manner, and pro-actively works with executives to ensure focus on the most critical areas for patient experience improvement.
- Leads measurable improvement at assigned campus(es) based on goals established with AHS Patient Experience leadership.
- Working with the System Director, develops consulting methods and standard feedback mechanisms for use with campuses, requiring innovation and creative approach.
- Seeks out system standards for consulting on patient experience initiatives, strives for consistency and leverages work product of the AHS Patient Experience team.
- Demonstrates expertise and consults with skill on all tools in place at assigned campus(es) to support the entrenchment of best practice, including technology/online and paper based tools.
- Understands and stays current on CMS CAHPS requirements, Value Based Purchasing, Press Ganey & CAHPS survey processes, results and statistical significance, and is able to articulate them in a written or oral mode to all levels of the organization.
- Patient Experience Education (20% of role)
- Develops strategic recommendations for curriculum necessary to support patient experience improvement initiatives in the field across the continuum of care, including innovative approaches for delivery.
- Participates in the planning of the annual Patient Experience Summit, and supports all team efforts during the event.
- Conducts engaging training classes and meetings as needed in support of key initiatives.
- Working with department leaders, contributes to the educational content planning of all patient experience strategy online forums and leadership workshops throughout the year.
- Engages in the development and deployment of consistent education for patient experience using innovative and effective training approaches, demonstrating sound knowledge of adult learning methods.
- Seeks out system standards for education on patient experience initiatives, strives for consistency and leverages work product of the AHS Patient Experience team.
- Ensures all educational materials and approach leveraged at assigned campus(es) meets system standards for consistent message, templates and professionalism.
Serves as a lead educator and sustainment driver for CREATION Health principles in patient experience and care at assigned campus(es).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization and follow-through skills, managing patient experience improvement initiatives, projects and programs
- Skilled, demonstrated experience as a nurse leader driving patient experience improvement
- Knowledge of clinical and nonclinical acute hospital operations and continuum of care (connected care) pre/post-acute services
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a proven track record of effectively presenting information to all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, with ability to function in a highly independent manner due to remote location from central headquarters
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interface effectively with physicians, nursing, non-clinical and executive leadership
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve effectively
- Strong consultant skillset, with the ability to influence all levels in the organization
- Exhibits excellent complex analytical, and change management skills
- Solid ability to analyze and evaluate business problems by defining the challenges, identifying alternatives, and making timely decisions
- Strong knowledge of Patient Experience best practices, and how to best integrate with clinical care
- Solid knowledge of CMS CAHPS requirements, statistical concepts, and the survey process
- Expertise in effective methods of education and adult learning practices
- Ability to lead, organize and work on multiple initiatives/projects without compromising work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Lean or Six Sigma application knowledge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of ten (10) years of healthcare related experience
- 5 years of experience as a Nurse Manager or above in an acute care setting or 3 years of experience in a patient experience consulting role in a multi-campus setting
- 10 years of experience as an RN
- Demonstrated history of leading strong improvement results in patient experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Masters degree in healthcare or business related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Certified Patient Experience Professional
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Read Full Description