Assesses facility and space requests; working with users to establish functional and space requirements and preparing plans for development. Prepares and presents project information and plans to CC Space Committee and CC leadership. Develops programs, concepts, and designs for projects.
- Assesses facility and space requests; working with users to establish functional and space requirements and preparing plans for development.
- Performs space planning for clinical, administrative and support areas; including re-arrangement or renovation of existing space or new construction.
- Works with the requesting department's designated staff and other CC facility users (e.g., environmental services, security) to determine space, functional needs, equipment, and utility requirements.
- Prepares and presents information including projects, design standards, trends and special studies to various individuals and groups within and outside of the Clinic.
- Reviews work of consulting planners, architects and engineers.
- Develops CC facility planning processes, space and design standards, post occupancy evaluations, and other means and/or metrics to advance CC planning and design capability.
- Develops conceptual schematic architectural plan and program for projects Prepares Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings and revisions.
- Develops presentations for project approvals and further development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, health care planning, industrial engineering or other applicable field is required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- License in architecture or engineering preferred; certification in design, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), and/or Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC) preferred.
- Five years of planning experience (Healthcare preferred) including developing and coordinating functional programs for expansion, relocation or remodeling projects.
- Knowledge of architecture and health care planning sufficient to develop practical space programs, planning concepts, architectural plans and project schedules.
- The ability to conceptualize space, understand operations and work flow, and analyze multi-dimensional problems and form recommendations required.
- Ability to work with employees, interdepartmental teams, and organizational leadership across the enterprise to effectively complete goals.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and Revit, Sketch-Up, InDesign and Adobe Creative Suites
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal and corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasionally lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time to perform site inspections of construction and renovation projects.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Read Full Description