The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Social Media Coordinator establishes relationships with WWP’s following using various online social platforms to communicate organizational priorities and trending topics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate interest in WWP programs and services while building relationships with WWP following on social media platform, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and various related blogs/websites.
- Monitor online mentions of WWP and provide the organization’s response to conversations, trending topics, and issues.
- Develop social media content in the organization’s voice while maintaining a social media look and feel.
- Monitor online technologies and identify opportunities to utilize emerging social media platforms.
- Create multimedia content: photos, videos, infographics, and podcasts to increase engagement with the organization’s following.
- Contribute to the social media team’s content creation and maintain a social media posting calendar.
- Assist to prepare monthly and quarterly social media analytics reports for leadership and strategic partnerships team.
- Produce live video streaming and conduct live interviews during events.
- Forecast, develop, and manage the regions program budget.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the WWP assigned social platforms, identify the audience, and produce the right content to engage with the social platform’s following.
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure messaging is shared collaboratively.
- Work closely with strategic partners and community partners to create and share social messaging.
- Design campaign plans and make recommendations for organizational messaging initiatives. Identify opportunities to get public involvement and awareness of WWP policy advocacy initiatives, WWP connection events, and trending veteran topics.
- Monitor and respond to social media crisis communication when needed.
- Evaluate performance metrics for social platform and search engine optimization success.
- Assist communications team with public awareness activities.
- Assist WWP teams with public relations activities as necessary for special events, fundraisers, and key initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide high level of service to target client/customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify viable options, and problem-solve.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Ability to portray a professional presence and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaborative, team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with leadership effectively and professionally.
- Ability to travel, work after hours, over weekends and during holidays.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social media, communications, public relations, marketing, or journalism. Equivalent combination of education or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Two years of professional experience using social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Two years of experience in copywriting, editing, design, photography, videography, and creativity.
- Two years of experience using editing software, e.g. Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Two years of experience using a social media management tool, e.g. Oracle, Buffer, Iconosquare, and Sprout Social
Certifications & Licensure
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Share this job on your Social Network!
Email Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Print | AddThisMore
Read Full Description