JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease.
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Project Delivery Manager – Digital Products will be responsible for all phases of project delivery – from definition and planning to prioritization and implementation. As part of JDRF’s EDGE Digital Transformation program, you will be driving strategic projects that focus on transforming the digital experience of our supporters. Solutions will be simple, scalable, and digital. Projects within EDGE will follow Agile development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFE etc.)
This role requires strong teamwork, communication, and organization skills needed to drive progress and decisions across various areas of the organization including Marketing, Development, Outreach, Advocacy and Product Management teams. It requires highly disciplined execution and coordination between cross functional departments and teams.
The Project Delivery Manager will be accountable for on-time and quality delivery of digital products for our supporters.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Manager and Product Owner to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Train and coach teams in Agile development methodologies and Tools
- Build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team
- Ensure all digital products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- Ensure status reports are submitted regularly, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all relevant stakeholders
- Potentially manage risks, budgets and people
- Collaborate and actively participate within the Technology Governance team, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
- Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use
- Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them.
- Able to identify and challenge organizational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated
- Understands the environment and can prioritize the most important or highest value tasks
- Able to bring people together to form a motivated team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field.
- At least 5 years of project management experience
- At least 3 years of experiences as a scrum master
- PMP, CSM, SAFE, Lean, Agile, or Six Sigma certifications
- Work experience of Jira and Confluence
- Master’s degree in fields such as Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- Experience with Agile product development
- Work experience implementing SalesForce
- Work experience implementing digital products for web or mobile
Will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
NUMBER OF INCUMBENTS: 1
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Description