The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that all equipment in the distribution center is operating properly and that the building is properly maintained. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state/federal laws.
This Full-Time positions starts at $21.25 hr. with pay increases every 6 months. At 18 months pay will be over $27.00 hr. This Position is either a Swing Shift 2:00PM-10:30PM or a Night Shift Position 10:00PM-6:30AM, will discuss when interviewed. Full-Time.
This is a Tech I position in a mechanic role in the maintenance department at the Rite Aid warehouse in Woodland.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Repair material handling and facility equipment.
- Follow all preventive maintenance policies and procedures. Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and restore equipment to service with mininmal impact to production.
- Solve problems and meet projected time frames.
- Maintain basic troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical aspects of all Material Handling Equipment on site, including conveyor systems, etc.
- Demonstrate mechanical proficiency of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and AC/DC electrical motors and drives.
- Adjust, reset, repair, or replace adjustable components and wearing components.
- Maintain motors, photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, motor starters, tachometers, encoders, etc.
- Clean, lubricate, and calibrate equipment.
- Perform maintenance on facility equipment (i.e. Dock doors,dock plates, Dock shelters, conveyors, HVAC, and MHE).
- Perform basic electrical maintenance and simple repair/replace of various electrical circuits and related electronic equipment, using tools such as multi-meters and infrared thermometers.
- Read and understand basic electrical and electronic schematics.
- Complete Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used).
- Follow all safety guidelines and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc. Ensure a safe environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
Experience / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility competently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to lift and move totes or cartons up to 50 pounds each
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day and evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/warehousing technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize building blueprints.
- Walking within and around the DC with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours when required. Position is an 8 hour schedule but could require overtime depending on the needs of the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a basic overview and not the full intended job description.
Other criteria would include:
- Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
- Must furnish your own tools to complete preventative maintenance and associated assignments.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Extra knowledge Preferred:
Degree with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field, but not required
2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
Welding and fabrication experience
Lockout/Tagout and ARC Flash knowledge
Rite Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Read Full Description